Toyota/Lexus Napa Gold(Wix),Mann,China picturs

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a filter that fits Toyotas and Lexus'. This was for an RX350, but know it fits other cars also.

Here are Napa Gold (Wix) , Mann, and a China filter with no name on it.

In the pictures,you will see they are all imported, the Napa Gold looks like the least quality filter. There are no end caps, just glue to hold the pleats together, and again the least amount of pleats. The Mann filter has hard plastic caps, felt sealing areas, and the beefiest looking filter element. The China filter does not have end caps, but the end of the filter is dipped in glue/plastic so it at least capped on each side, no felt though, and appears to have more pleats than the Napa filter also.

Boxes

CIMG3164.jpg

Napa Gold
CIMG3165.jpg

CIMG3166.jpg

Mann
CIMG3164-1.jpg

CIMG3165-1.jpg

China
CIMG3166-1.jpg

CIMG3167-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured at least one of those may be made in the US, but nope. China, Korea, and India. I think Wix brings in a lot of stuff from India now that I think about it. They must have a plant there, or at least a parter with some Indian manufacturer.

I hope the WIX/NAPA Gold spin-on filters are not going to be outsourced like the cartridge filter shown above.

The made in China filter with no brand name looks as good as the others ... where did you find that one? People are kind of turned off from purchasing no brand name items IMO ... who's the marketing director for that thing?
LOL.gif

My shop was a Napa Car Care Center, and from what I saw with spin on oil filters is that most of them were their normal NC wix filters, but some canisters were not. These were usually brand new numbers, or strange applications... I'm trying to think, but when Chrysler first came out with their 2.4L VVi world engine, it took Wix awhile to have a filter number for it, and they usually came in just white, either made in Indonesia or some other eastern european country. There were a few, but most of the normal stuff is there own for sure.

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa

The made in China filter with no brand name looks as good as the others ... where did you find that one? People are kind of turned off from purchasing no brand name items IMO ... who's the marketing director for that thing?
LOL.gif

The China filter came from http://www.sgparts.com/ which is my local Import Auto parts stores in my area. I called the guy there to ask him if there was any type of "brand name" that went with these Blue Box China filters, and he told me made by "OEM Original Equipment Management" whoever they are.

http://www.oemautoparts.net/home.php

I don't know if they actually manufacture, but I'm sure they just source parts from various overseas manufactures and box them and import them and sell them

Wow. That NG must be made by Denso!
...Or it's nearly a Denso/Toyote OEM twin.
That's not a bad thing, they are very good filters, but I thought WIX made all the NAPA Golds.

Originally Posted By: river_rat
Wow. That NG must be made by Denso!
...Or it's nearly a Denso/Toyote OEM twin.
That's not a bad thing, they are very good filters, but I thought WIX made all the NAPA Golds.

How do you know? And Wix does make, or should I say supply all of Napa Gold's filters, but Wix themselves outsource some of their products also because they are not setup to manufacture them, or tooling, or who knows. All I know is that not all Wix filters are actually Wix filters, they come from someone else. Like I said before, most of the time it is strange applications, or brand new applications. Or who knows, even small market applications

By the way, I have these (1) Napa Gold, (1) Mann, and (2) China filters all new in the box FOR SALE if someone could use them. I no longer have that Lexus and have no need for them. And again, they all look pretty darn good. It would be a pack of 4 deal.

Originally Posted By: Jdblya
How do you know?

Just look at it. Nobody else makes filter guts that look like that. http://www.densoaftermarket.com/oil-filter.php

Great filter though. Without endcaps, they cram a lot of media into a little can. It fills quickly on startup, flows and filters great. Looks like the Toyota 90915-YZZD1 I use.

Based on manufacturing designs of filters that I have used in my Rav4 canister oil filter, NAPA Gold looks the same as Toyota OE filters and Mann (India) looks the same as Purolator filters.

Originally Posted By: ProfPS
Based on manufacturing designs of filters that I have used in my Rav4 canister oil filter, NAPA Gold looks the same as Toyota OE filters and Mann (India) looks the same as Purolator filters.

Need 4 of them? =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back