Z-max

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the goal you're trying to achieve? Do you have a leak or are you just trying to "clean" the engine? In either case I would take the $ you will be spending on all these aftermarket stuff and put it towards a better oil and filter.

The only fuel treatment I've ever seen that actually seems to work are those of GUMOUT and Lucas. Skip STP, they used to be good but I can't see it do a thing even to my riding mower.

Originally Posted By: crazycrak
Zmax oil treatment good or bad any real benefits... also are their fuel treaments and other products any good

No no no no no.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: rg200amp
Originally Posted By: crazycrak
Zmax oil treatment good or bad any real benefits... also are their fuel treaments and other products any good

No no no no no.
wink.gif

I strongly 2nd what rg200amp has said.

Last edited:
Make a contribution to your 401K or 403B or whatever retirement asset account you have... You will get a better return on your investment!
wink.gif

your mileage increases when you use Z max. You spend $40 on this stuff. and you gain mileage because your wallet is lighter, which in turn makes you lighter, which puts less work on your car. Z Max=
LOL.gif

Last edited:
I used to be interested in every single new oil supplement that came out. I did not try most of them but I did use a few, like Tufoil. I don't know if Tufoil did any real good or not but it made me feel better using the stuff. Maybe it even did more harm than good.

Today there is nothing I will put into a quality motor oil other than Auto-RX, one of the very few products I believe in. I still have some faith in Lubegard products but I have not used any in years. I sometimes wonder if a little extra ZDDP would be good in a lawnmower engine-but not a car engine.

I actually saw a test involving a Falex machine. Actually come to think of it I saw that test for gun oils as well. That machine measures extreme pressure properties and probably has nothing to do with motor oil. It is probably better for a grease. I don't know if it has any value for gun oils or not.

Guess what? In the Falex test for motor oils that I saw Mobil 1 failed before the conventional motor oils! Which I guess indicates just how useless that test really is! Give me the Mobil 1 any day if I could have the Mobil 1 for free or for the same cost as the conventional motor oils-I don't care about their little test.

Chemists working for the oil companies actually came up with super lubricants a long time ago that contained clorinated hydrocarbons. They tried everything they could think of to improve motor oils. Aside from the fact that clorinated hydrocarbons are not good for your health the stuff would break down and cause corrosion. Some of these silly oil supplements that people dream up still do have weird stuff in them. I think I would prefer letting the engine wear out rather than getting cancer. And many new motor oils have Moly in chemical combination as a friction reducer. Why have anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back