Need Some Expetise with redline and lucas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am travelling quite far to work these days and with everyone saying how lucas and redline are so good (which i believe myself they are, used in the past) i want to start using on a more regular basis to help keep things clean on my trips and get the best possible mileage.

I was thinking tomorrow i was going to add a bottle of redline to my tank of fuel... probably use the whole bottle or most of it... Then after the tank is pretty well empty i was going to start using lucas.... I was wondering what kind of dosage i should use per tank, it's a 17 gallon tank and usually fill up when there is a half a tank left... Iam Just trying to get the best possible help and everything and want everyone's opinion's... All the help is appreciated.

You don't need to run a fuel additive all the time, if you run good gas (Petro-Canada, Shell or Chevron) and maybe a good quality fuel additive every 5,000 or so km as a booster, you should be fine.

Any fuel savings you gain by running an additive all the time will be more than negated by the cost of the additive.

Personally one tank before my oil change I add a full bottle of amsoil PI. after that tank is good and gone I change the oil.

I currently use Shell Vpower93 without issue im curious about running Lucas UCL though...I dont really trust lucas products. Just myself on that though.

Originally Posted By: [RT
ProjUltraZ]To Lucas UCL or FP+

Honestly to me they're the same thing with the Lucas being cheaper by the gallon. What I've started doing is mixing MMO (Marvel Mystery Oil) with the Lucas UCL 50/50 (in the sturdy Lucas gallon jug) and running that mixture in their sturdy 5.25oz single use bottle with every full tank of gas. Both Mazdas really seem to love it and honestly gas mileage went up on both vehicles to a pleasant 28-30mpg city/highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back