installed Michelin LTX M/S

Status
Not open for further replies.
on my 98 Explorer. They replaced my Bridgestone Dueler HLs with 62,000 miles. My old tires still had tread but were cracking and dry rotting. Already seems to ride better. Heard the Michelin tires are great on SUVs.

I have them on my Jeep Wrangler as a summer tire and love them.In the winter I use B.F.Goodrich AT's and they are a good tire also.

Michelin LTX came stock on my Aviator, only got 40k out of them and that was stretching it. I replaced them with Bridgestone H/L Alenza, time will tell. At the the ---- are a 60k mile tire. Both are Tractor A and Temperature A.

Greaser, I almost bought the Alenza. Just wanted to try Michelin LTX as they seem to be highly recommended. I also will be getting a $50 rebate.
smile.gif
In my opinion, the ride improvement I am exeriencing is basically new thick rubber vs old hard thin rubber.

I had a friend who is a big tire dealership tell me recently that he thinks Michelin changed something in the LTX M/S. He said they are not getting the mileage they use too. He still says they are one of the best but getting high mileage out of them is not as easy as it use to be. I have know way of knowing if this is true but he has longtime customers who have bought these for years.

I was just at the tire store getting a new cooper tire, for my Tundra, I was looking at the LTX MS, and the rubber felt softer than my last two sets of the same tire, not sure if it just me, these tires are known for the great soft ride and long wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back