Youtube video showing a Fram Toughguard failing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bornconfuzd
Watched this video full screen on a 23 inch monitor several times. I have no doubt whatsoever the filter was cut.

I recommend a mod delete this whole thread.

I've seen one filter in my existance leak at the seam, and it was at the rolled juncture between the tin and the base, not part way along the filter where no seam exists.

Agreed.

I see no reason for a mod deleting this thread.

My point is, if the Tough Guard stinks as a filter, why do some people put up such falsified videos? The answer is that the Tough Guard is a reasonably good filter, and someone sees it as serious competition. For those reasons, the thread (and over on YouTube, the video) need to be kept as some of the Tough Guard critics are most effectively shooting themselves in both feet - at least the ones who made that video.

Clearly cut, right below the line the metal is clearly pushed in by a wheel-type cutter, plus the filter is leaking from the INSTANT the oil pressure comes up-total "bull-you-know-what"!

LOL... welcome to the interweb, where anything and everything can be true or false. Great world we live in... eh?

YouTube is full of things like that. People with lives so empty and minds so full of hate that they have to invent stuff to be outraged about. If it wasn't so sad it might make me angry instead of just irritated.

But this thread offers hope, even if you have to wade through some malodorous mud. Shows even people who don't particularly like Fram, even actively dislike, can be fair and call this what it is... Bovine Scatology.

I was watching a program on one of those History channels on TV, and they proved Fram caused the sinking of the Titanic and the destruction of the Hindenburg. They also made a good case for Fram causing the fall of Rome.

Originally Posted By: Loobed

I was watching a program on one of those History channels on TV, and they proved Fram caused the sinking of the Titanic and the destruction of the Hindenburg. They also made a good case for Fram causing the fall of Rome.

And,for our bad economy too.

I am one of the biggest Fram bashers you will ever come across. I absolutely refuse to use their garbage filters. However, I am also a fair person and CLEARLY that filter was tampered with( i.e. cut ). I agree with the member above ^^^ who said you don't need to fake things to make Fram look bad. Their awful product does that all on it's own. That video was clearly a fake/setup.
33.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
And don't forget the Pearl Harbor.

The Japanese Zeros had Fram oil filters. Sometimes the Frams would split open, that's why the Zeros caught fire so easily. And that's why Japan lost the war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back