Your favorite brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Chris142
My 68' Scout was my favorite. Best 4x4 I have ever had. It went wherever you pointed it.

But @ 852,000 miles of off roading the body was falling apart. The axles and engine are living in a friends Scout 2.

2010-06-0695140237.jpg

That crack looks Hairy! (Not brand loyal. Can't afford to test the few models that interest me.)

I currently have 3 cars in my signature from 3 makers. I don't really have a clear favorite brand, when I am in market for a new car I look at all brands and buy what fit my need at that time.

I like Mazda.

"We believe if it's not worth driving, it's not worth building. We build Mazdas."
They really seem to mean it.
Drive a 6 and a Camry back to back. Sure the Camry is competent, but it doesn't inspire you. It doesn't cling tenaciously mid-corner and inspire you to roll on the throttle coming out of the corner.
The RX-8 was the best handling front engine/rear drive car in several comparisons. It bested the likes of the 350Z and BMW M3.
In any magazine small car comparison, the Mazda3 is usually rated as "the driver's choice".

With the exception of the current Mazdaspeed3 and Mazda6S, Mazda is usually little lower output/better balance than their competition.

In 110,000 miles, my Mazda has developed a small bubble in the headliner....horrible piece of junk right? My family has had Mazdas for a long time and every one of them was reliable. We had a couple of Couriers and a couple of B-series trucks. (still have the B2200 with 300,000+ miles. It burns as much oil as it leaks, and that's a lot, but it still runs) My sister had an '86 626. Her idiot boyfriend at the time could not kill it. He tried. He killed lots of cars. Dinged up the 626 real bad but didn't kill it.

GM and Chrysler have been very good to me, so I pick those two. I do like some Fords, Hyundais, Lexus and maybe an Acura or two.

I'm not at all brand loyal. But I do find Ford's seats more comfortable than Chevy, in general. That one reason is why I end up with Fords more than anything else.

My VW Jetta TDI had very comfortable seats, but... I sat too low. Jacking up the handle tilted the seat forward. Just like the awful Altima rental car seats.

hmmm that's a tough question. haven't really had my camry anywhere near long enough to see if yota will become one of my favorite brands. my mom currently has an 11 civic and though it only has 9000 miles on it the interior is quiet as can be as far as rattles go, same thing with her previous 07 accord, cant say the same thing about my 11 camry (can have a few noises here and there) or especially the 08 f150 i used to have man did that turn into a rattle trap. id probably have to say honda based on that alone because i haven't had a vehicle long enough yet to be loyal to a brand based on mileage accumulated.

I have always driven GM or Chrysler. Had a couple of Fords thrown in there. With one VW and one Honda.
My GM stuff has always treated me well and it is what I am comfortable with.

I never was brand-loyal in the past. I've owned: Saturn, Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Nissan, Dodge, Chrysler, Acura, Toyota, Honda. Never owned a Ford, but my parents had a few. One of the first vehicles I ever drove was an old 4-speed '79 Ford Courier on my grandparents' farm in Arkansas.

Although I haven't been brand-loyal in the past, I think I'm becoming a Honda fan. And I never would have guessed in a million years I'd have become one. But the more I drive them, the more I like them. There's a combination of ride and handling and chassis tuning that interests me. Honda is an engine builder at heart, and I like the attention to detail in the engine bay. The cam cover on our CR-V is painted in glossy silver paint and "HONDA" is cast-in to the cover in raised letters with a machined surface. You rarely see that kind of stuff anymore; everything is covered with plastic. Those types of little details speak to me.

Honda also seems to be at the point where "real" Honda fans begin getting turned off because the cars are larger and quieter than they used to be. This is where more "mainstream" folks like me get interested. I've done the pillow-top Cadillac/Camry thing. And I'm not interested in the go-kart feeling either. I'm very particular about the balance of ride and performance that I'm looking for, and I've finally found that in the two Honda products we have now.

I don't believe that Honda is any more or less reliable than any other brand...but I LOVE the way they DRIVE.

I like this thread. Everybody posting on what they like without hating on something else. Keep it up!

Nissan.
Some legendary cars back in the day and some that are just as incredible by today's standards (GT-R anyone)

There are many older Nissans I'd still kill to own one day. We shall see.

Used to like Honda a lot (owned quite a few Accords and Civics in the past) but then realized that there is more to life than driving a toaster with a reputation of reliability and low operating costs. I've grown to like Audis but will probably try an E-series Mercedes next.

So no, no favorite brand with me currently.

No favorite brand here. I think each and every auto maker has a vehicle or two that individually are fine cars. I'm fond of any car that meets my needs of reliability, performance (whether it be economical performance or pure power), comfort, and looks.

I really do not have a brand favorite also, but, I have owned many Mazdas and Saabs (yes Saabs), and have had great luck with both brands. Nothing other than normal maint on both brands. Ths Saabs required a little more maint, but all have been drop dead reliable.

I was an Mercedes guy for a solid decade. They began to lose me with their highly-complex vehicles, requiring $$$ repairs, and the rumors of electronic glitches. The latter, I hear, may be a thing of the past (?) -- but the parts and repairs are a thorn in my side.

My Buick is a fine car, and this weekend I went out and test-drove a Regal. Who knows, my brand loyalty, if any, may go with Buick in the future.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Like sports teams I think we all to some extant have a car brand we are loyal to.

I can honestly say that I'm not brand loyal to any manufacturer, nor do I care a whit for sports.

And that proves...?

We are loyal to GMC because they have been loyal to us. Our aftermarket upfitter has a relationship with them that we have used to our advantage in years past.

However, I am also not married to anyone. I'll go wherever my interests take me and spend my money where I want to.

I lost all respect I had for Mazda and VW after dealing with their customer assistance people, the arrogance displayed by that group was unbelievable. I love BMW as a brand, enjoy the E46 sedan and coupe I keep now, though recently they have lost their way, catering to a dumbed down owner, not even a dipstick to check the oil in the 'ultimate driving machine'. Honda and Toyota have lost their passion, you should enjoy driving what you buy. Acura makes a nice TSX but that front end styling OMG! I guess that leaves a new Corvette to enjoy as the next car!!!

I don't exactlt have loyalty to a certain brand, just certain cars I will not buy:
Chrysler, GM, Fiat.

Other cars, I simply are less interested in, for example, I avoid most German cars because they have more proprietary stuff that is expensive, unreliable, and dealer only.

I don't absolutely hate Nissan, but the quality of their cars is not constant. Some cars are excellent, others are problematic.

I bought my Mitsubishi because it was the only car I could afford that was not FWD, had an automated manual transmission, and used a timing chain. If other auto makers offered such a car at this price, I would have probably chosen that first.

Ford trucks and cars...that is my pick. drove a 95 taurus to 222k or 228k, i forget..but anyway, it was on the original motor and tranny. I sold it to a guy who fixed it up and sold it to a guy lol. it'll get to 300k, easy. I am a die hard ford guy, but i wouldn't mind a chevy truck..oh wait i got a 63 chevy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back