Yellow Can - 'fess up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been using PureOne's ever since I bought my Focus....about five years now.

Have one on my shelf right now. IMHO....a great filter and 'best bang for the buck'.

I buy them at a Bi-Mart (in Bend, OR) when they are on sale...and then go for the Purolator rebate. They end up costing me about $3 and change.

Originally Posted By: ABerns
Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
'fess up'?

Why, is there something wrong with them? Some reason why we'd be embarrassed to use them?

I believe this is meant to be a response thread to the Orange Can - 'fess up thread.

Ah. Don't I feel silly. Thanks.

Me. That's about all I've run in the past several years (when available) -- because you can't beat them at $3 AAP deals.

I suppose I ought to get a life (as William Shatner said) but the first thread was cheesy and this one is Velveeta on top of cheese. I get the intended humor but I've just had enough cheese .

The Honda has a PL14459 on it now. I have 2 PL14670 for the Jeep and 1 PL14459 on the shelf waiting.

The Jeep is running a Purolator Classic right now.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
I know most on here will consider this a "waste", and blast me to no end for using one this way; but I've used them as a flush, or final rinse filter when using an engine flush, or Kreen, along with a HM oil (M1, or ML).
27.gif

Yes, overkill I know, but that is what I do automotive-wise (and I bought them on a BOGO at Advance).
smile.gif

That's the kind of thing I use an OCOD or an e-core for.

Normally be running P1 on 2-3 of the vehicles I maintain. But currently running a P1 on a Tacoma, a BD+ on an Accord for two oci's, and a non ecore STP, part of an oil change promo, on a Civic.

I've currently got a few P1's, a couple BD+'s and a couple Napa Golds in my stash, all purchased at nice discount.

Not me. I did the oil change on my Bug today and swapped out the PureONE for a Napa Platinum. Our old Caravan and Dad's '76 Plymouth van use Purolator Classics. His '81 F150 has a Napa Gold. His '97 Taurus has a Motorcraft. My Ecotec has a Napa Platinum and Mom's Ecotec is using *gasp* a Driveworks.

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
I suppose I ought to get a life (as William Shatner said) but the first thread was cheesy and this one is Velveeta on top of cheese. I get the intended humor but I've just had enough cheese .

It'll get a lot better, Jim! I could quote a lot of Shatner, but they would probably ban me!! Anyways, I'm sure Parmesan will get poured on the Velveeta, and the Cheez Whiz cans will explode before it's all over with!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back