FRAM FS3600 - 5603 miles - HPL PC5W30-Q

This is the first run on @High Performance Lubricants PCMO oil after the engine cleaner 30 run from the last drain. The filter looks more visibly loaded than the last filter. You can see there is a lot more carbon chunks at the bottom of the can and the magnets caught some stuff as well as surprised its quite very little despite the hard spirited driving. You can see the comparison to the dried last pulled filter from the which I have failed to remove end caps on despite manhandling it twice with gloves and vise grip pliers.

Donaldson P551132 went back in and topped off with the same oil and will re-sample again at 10k. So far the dip stick blot test shows the oil is still clean with the same light yellow stain as before seen in the last drain. Wrapped up the media with shop towels and will update later this weekend when the media is dry. Might take a week or two get oil analysis results. the HPL oil sample kit is processed by WearCheck based on the QR code scan.

Previous oil filter thread: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/fram-fs3600-a02521-about-2338-miles-with-hpl-ec30.378041/

Did you happen to find any thick, gummy oil seeping out?

I found thick, gummy oil seeping out of the filter after my first run with HPL EC.

Did you happen to find any thick, gummy oil seeping out?

I found thick, gummy oil seeping out of the filter after my first run with HPL EC.
Not that I have seen so far, the oil look normally viscous but slightly thicker at the bottom when emptying the can, I have it sitting over night right now until the dome is clear dry enough along with the media stack and will take pictures again.

The carbon stuff at the bottom did look like almost goo dissolving into solution but not sludge settlement grit like texture that I have seen when I cut open filters from GDI vehicles such as KIAs.

This kinda makes me regret not using the Fram FE3600 as I'm afraid the Donaldson is a shorter media stack with less headroom take on loading as it appears the oil is doing some cleaning, even though the car had a BG EPR flush followed by an oil service interval with HPL EC30.

The vehicle in question has spent the majority of its life on the highway usually around 80-90% highway and 10-20% city. 100 miles daily throughout the week.

I want to mention this oil gives off a very pleasant odor, which was first noticed when I ran HPL EC30 and then this oil. Any other oil I used and drain prior had the typical gross pungent smell of typical motor oil. Some how these oils smell sweet with a hint of fruit like to them.

Not that I have seen so far, the oil look normally viscous but slightly thicker at the bottom when emptying the can, I have it sitting over night right now until the dome is clear dry enough along with the media stack and will take pictures again.

The carbon stuff at the bottom did look like almost goo dissolving into solution but not sludge settlement grit like texture that I have seen when I cut open filters from GDI vehicles such as KIAs.

This kinda makes me regret not using the Fram FE3600 as I'm afraid the Donaldson is a shorter media stack with less headroom take on loading as it appears the oil is doing some cleaning, even though the car had a BG EPR flush followed by an oil service interval with HPL EC30.

The vehicle in question has spent the majority of its life on the highway usually around 80-90% highway and 10-20% city. 100 miles daily throughout the week.

I want to mention this oil gives off a very pleasant odor, which was first noticed when I ran HPL EC30 and then this oil. Any other oil I used and drain prior had the typical gross pungent smell of typical motor oil. Some how these oils smell sweet with a hint of fruit like to them.

The former Magnatec smelled that way, almost fruity. The Valvoline EP I recently drained reminded me of it but it wasn’t quite the same. Esters? 🤷

After 2 nights and 4 changes of absorbent towels, the media looks very loaded for a 5.6k mile run, never seen a filter this dirty out of my car. Looks like the oil is doing whats it claims to be an aggressive cleaner, which is awesome. Took some dry shots of the can inside dome with magnetic debris captured and carbon chunks added to gallery.

That looks like it's done some good cleaning. The one you've used HPL on has much more crud in the pleats. Just makes me sad that you can't get the proper HPL oil over here in the UK. I've love to run a few oil changes with that stuff to give my engine a good clean out!

That looks like it's done some good cleaning. The one you've used HPL on has much more crud in the pleats. Just makes me sad that you can't get the proper HPL oil over here in the UK. I've love to run a few oil changes with that stuff to give my engine a good clean out!
They did you try contacing MaryJane at AdvLubrication? They might be able to work with you on getting a shipment. A few folks here from Canada has gotten HPL oils.

Back