XJ Cherokee unibody repair panels?

D60

I've exhausted my web search ability and am coming up empty. My buddy wrapped his XJ around a steel fence post and we need the front half of the inner fender. For the life of me I can't find it and I've used every search term I can think of.

I found two helpful vids on YT (one was an old one from Bleepin Jeep) and in both cases they robbed the piece from a donor, so maybe it's not available? But around here at least (where rust doesn't take vehicles) there are still a ton of XJs on the road. Did body shops really never have this piece available to them??

Also, this is needed for a '96. Apparently the body changed a bit in '97 (but I can't find either one).

Screenshots stolen from a vid. This is the piece, left front. Note steering shaft for orientation.
Screenshot_20240116_225228_YouTube.jpg

Removed and being held kinda turned 90:
Screenshot_20240116_225104_YouTube.jpg

Removed:
Screenshot_20240116_225059_YouTube.jpg

For some reason I'm just shocked this can't be ordered new aftermarket or NOS. I guess I'm totally naive on body parts availability.

I put an entire new core support in an '09 Aveo and I'm gonna argue there's probably far more XJs registered (at least in CO) than all Aveos put together.

Parts are getting hard to find for the XJ. Anything 84-96 will fit.

Look up Dexter Browder, Hill’s Automotive, or The Jeep Yard on Facebook. Just got some stuff from The Jeep Yard for mine last week.

IMG_7538.jpg

IMG_7536.jpg

IMG_7539.jpg

We went to a pull a part to get a front fender and some parts for a xj the one we got the parts from was straight as a pin.

• Haha
Reactions: D60
Not that anyone should care, but follow-up: my buddy had a couple donors so he robbed the necessary piece and asked me to come weld it on.

He did about zero prep to make sure there were adequate holes (with solid metal behind) for plug welding, so I just did what I could.

I got to use my battery-powered Hobart Trek which I always enjoy, but I was unwilling to load smaller flux core so welding sheetmetal with .035 flux is a bit challenging. Fortunately, being a unibody means the sheetmetal is thicker than your average passenger car.

I wasn't getting paid for this so it got good-from-afar-but-far-from-good treatment

A few plug welds
20240223_140543.jpg

Overall front view
20240223_132250.jpg

Roughed in
20240223_132316.jpg

The old, damaged piece
20240223_132853.jpg

So I was not involved after what I posted above but my buddy sent me this today, so it looks like it's getting there. I'm unclear if he got the last of the headlight trim on to finish it up.
IMG_20240304_170213.jpg

Back