wrenching with 1/4" drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
They just refer to them in inch like the USA?

Yes. Spark plug socket and some pipe sizes also.
Although now in the last few years they are using halb MM sizes in their descriptions (mostly Hazet), e.g 12.5 mm for half inch. 12.5 is not a standard metric size its only a inch conversion size.

Yes i wish i could do more with the 1/4 drive but having an artificial shoulder joint and a lot of metal hardware in my right arm i am lacking the needed strength.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Yes i wish i could do more with the 1/4 drive but having an artificial shoulder joint and a lot of metal hardware in my right arm i am lacking the needed strength.

The extra torque of a long lever arm helps, but the added weight and size of the 1/4 is why I am drawn to it. If I need torque, Ill grab a longer tool. But the rest of the time, the lighter mass reduced fatigue.

That's my story and Im sticking to it!

There seems to be lots of 7mm and 10mm fasteners on the items I wrench on. 1/4" works perfect. I have a 20+ yr old old Craftsman set (USA) that has served me well. Everything still works and looks new.

The only 1/4 drive i have is a Hazet and a Stahlwille, both are short even by craftsman standards.
How long is this Snap On? Maybe a longer one would work better for me.

I have been using a Proto (US Made) micro head 3/8 drive for tight work it has about the same size head as 1/4 drive but the length of a normal 3/8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back