Would you be caught dead on a Honda Grom?

I kind of want to fool around on a high hp bike on the track, but not really on the street. Not my thing anyways, I like to push my limits until I make a little mistake, and that's not a great long term plan on something fast on public roads...
Grom racing looks quite fun too, and probably a better idea for me!

Hold my beer.....that looks like fun :)

I am old enough to remember Yamaha YSR50s running around suburban Long Island NY. Smaller than these, rider knees way out to the side. I saw a pack of them hooliganing through traffic in Hicksville NY one fine day. I was sitting on a Moto Guzzi Lemans 850.

I would rather a "full size" 125 like the Super Cub.

Camp bikes, are fun in their own right and 1000X better than walking.

I am old enough to remember Yamaha YSR50s running around suburban Long Island NY. Smaller than these, rider knees way out to the side. I saw a pack of them hooliganing through traffic in Hicksville NY one fine day. I was sitting on a Moto Guzzi Lemans 850.

I would rather a "full size" 125 like the Super Cub.
The first MCI ever rode wat a Honda Super Cub in 1965. I remember the joy of riding a real motorcycle .

B3031435-54D4-4C5F-B484-D9F13F83FB64.jpeg

That pic triggers me! I wanted a Trail 125 for a year and finally found one at MSRP 3 hours away. I bought it and sold it as soon as the title came in the mail. It had the worst ergonomics for me.

That pic triggers me! I wanted a Trail 125 for a year and finally found one at MSRP 3 hours away. I bought it and sold it as soon as the title came in the mail. It had the worst ergonomics for me.
I learned to ride on a 81' CT110, tough little beast! I was 12 though so it fit pretty good! Quite a few kids got their first dirt bike experience on it over the years, I'd let pretty much anyone try it. It had a low range and it was a fun bike to take on a hiking trail, and real low speed tight stuff.

Funny story about an encounter I had with a guy on a Grom. I was approaching a secondary road I always take to access other back roads when I go riding, and a guy on a Grom was turning down the same road from the opposite direction. There were 3 or 4 cars in front of me while I was waiting to turn left, and by the time I turned, the guy on the Grom was about 1/4 of a mile down the road in front of me. I'd say he was doing about 45, then the devil on my shoulder made a better case than the angel on my other shoulder and I twisted the right grip on my VTR to the stop. By the time I passed the guy on the Grom I was doing about 110. I'm sure he had to go home and change is underwear, and redo his man bun...I'm also sure he was calling me every name in the book...
stupid is as stupid does......

Grom, yes. Navi, no. My first ride was a Z50 in the late 60s and my wife has a Vespa that’s fun. I’ll ride almost anything but there are limits.

A grown, middle-aged man on a small bike will look silly no matter the type. Maybe some dirt bikes can look OK, but I doubt it.
Maybe or maybe not. But even if it is so who cares? I have one person whose opinion matters and a few whose opinions somewhat matter. The other 8 billion couldn't matter less.

0A1AB4E4-9CED-4DD3-ABF2-DA8879A915D1.jpeg
I ended up buying this one last week. So not sure about a Grom, but definitely a CT125.
Actually does well on easy trails and dirt roads. Still breaking it in, so I cannot unleash the full 8 horsepower just yet. LOL….

A grown, middle-aged man on a small bike will look silly no matter the type. Maybe some dirt bikes can look OK, but I doubt it.
Not only does it look silly, it IS silly...a Grom would be fine as a pit bike, but riding one on public roads is laughable, especially considering you can buy a decent used, full sized bike for the same, or less $$$...

Back