Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil Filter 51734XE
Oil Filter 51791XE
Oil Filter 51792XE
Oil Filter 51810XE
Oil Filter 51970XE

www.wix.com seach on Wix P/N "XE"

This is the glass media I'm looking for but not listed for my configuration.

I can keep hoping...
Oil Filter 57620XE

Lookie here what I found...
http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlookup/results.asp?PartNo=57620&Submit=Search

And...
http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlookup/PartDetail.asp?Part=57620XE

Part Number: 57620XE
UPC Number: 765809526204
Principal Application: Extra Efficiency Version Of 57620 - Has Fluted Can (can use in place of 51607)
All Applications
Style: Spin-On Lube Filter
Service: Lube
Type: Full Flow
Media: Paper/Glass
Height: 7.000
Outer Diameter Top: 3.690
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed
Thread Size: 1-16
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: None
Beta Ratio: 2/20=14/25
Burst Pressure-PSI: 378
Max Flow Rate: 12-15 GPM
Nominal Micro Rating: 14

Gasket Diameters
Number O.D. I.D. Thk.
Attached 2.830 2.440 0.225

"Sorry about that chief." I'm on a loner laptop today as mine had the inverter for backlight go out. No favorites on this machine! And my memory...thing of the past.

Quote:

Oil Filter 51734XE
Oil Filter 51791XE
Oil Filter 51792XE
Oil Filter 51810XE
Oil Filter 51970XE

www.wix.com seach on Wix P/N "XE"

This is the glass media I'm looking for but not listed for my configuration.

I can keep hoping...
Oil Filter 57620XE

What is this in reference to? Wix filters with glass media? Are these the best ones or something? Sorry for the newb questions, I am trying to get some facts right.

Glass media ..microglass ..is considered the better/best media. It's naturally more expensive.

Look at the spec sheet for each filter.

Part Number: 51515
UPC Number: 765809515154
Principal Application: Chrysler Family of Cars/Trucks (57-70), Ford Family of Cars/Trucks (57-00), Mazda Trucks (94-00), Toyota Landcruiser (71-96) - (Two Quart version is 51773)
All Applications
Media: Paper
Height: 5.178
Outer Diameter: 3.660
Thread Size: 3/4-16
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: 8-11
Anti-Drain Back Valve: Yes
Beta Ratio: 2/20=13/23
Burst Pressure-PSI: 270
Max Flow Rate: 7-9 GPM
Nominal Micro Rating: 19

Gasket Diameters
Number O.D. I.D. Thk.
Attached 2.834 2.462 0.200

Part Number: 51734XE
UPC Number: 765809527348
Principal Application: Synth Media Version Of 51734
All Applications
Media: Glass
Height: 8.122
Outer Diameter Top: 4.266
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed
Thread Size: 1 1/2-16
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: None
Beta Ratio: 4/75=10/30
Burst Pressure-PSI: 200
Max Flow Rate: 28-30 GPM
Nominal Micro Rating: 10

Gasket Diameters
Number O.D. I.D. Thk.
Attached 3.967 3.587 0.340

Quote:

Are these the best ones or something? Sorry for the newb questions, I am trying to get some facts right.

Read grasshopper read. Then ask the CORRECT questions. And don't forget the search function right here on BITOG.

06VtecV6, Tell you what I'll do. You tell me the Wix oil filter your chariot uses and I'll have an empty one (no filter media, every thing else will be there. adv, bypass etc) made for you. Now you have to promice to change the oil every 3000 miles +/- 200 miles. I'll pay for the before, at the end of your next OCI and after at the end of your next OCI. UOA,s. You'll be surprised at the results.

Quote:

06VtecV6, Tell you what I'll do. You tell me the Wix oil filter your chariot uses and I'll have an empty one (no filter media, every thing else will be there. adv, bypass etc) made for you. Now you have to promice to change the oil every 3000 miles +/- 200 miles. I'll pay for the before, at the end of your next OCI and after at the end of your next OCI. UOA,s. You'll be surprised at the results.

What will the results be Pete? However, I don't understand what this has to do with Vtec's question.

Just trying to let him see how much an oil filter, any oil filter, will or won't do. No filter for one OCI won't hurt anything and he'll be able to see with his own eyes what's going on.

The results... not nearly as bad as you might think. Of course I'll have no way of knowing where his samples really came from and He'll have no way of knowing where I sent them. Mutual trust all around.

Quote:

Ok. Will do.
confused.gif

Last edited:
Well, even Wix paper filters are more expensive than the PureOnes, which ARE a synthetic/glass blend. I think I'll hang with my PureOnes, replaced every other 7K OCI.

Replacing these babies every oci is a stone-cold waste of cashish..
deadhorse.gif

Have you cut any of them open after 14,000 miles? Have you had any of the cold start "clatter" mentioned by others supposedly due to the low flow of the PureOne's highly efficient media? I'm toying with the idea of going 15,000 miles or one year with PureOne's but am a little nervous about the possible flow issues mentioned here numerous times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back