Why japanese cars dont come with remote start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Originally Posted By: Volv04Life
Originally Posted By: CHARLIEBRONSON21
Japanese cars in japan follow a very strict emissions program. It might have something to do with that. A lot of vehicles are retired from use with very little miles, hence the JDM motors we see in the US very often. It's possible that this is a reason they don't have them, maybe they don't see them as a necessity.

Thank god. A guy that flippin stayed on topic. Thats an acceptable answer to me. Thanks for not being a douche.

lol.gif
You heard it guys, only acceptable on topic answers, or else your a....

Well... that answered my original question to an extent. American cars seem to have it more readily available. I guess im not finding an Outback with remote start. I refuse to have it installed by the dealer.

Originally Posted By: Rand
VOLVO4LIFE=GHT?

spam replying to your own post every 2.5min is kinda DOUCHEY

I wouldnt want a factory system.. they are old tech poor range, and as unreliable as aftermarket anyway.. at 2-3x the cost.

Since everyone spun this thread off maybe yall could help me find one instead of telling me who has it as an option cuz im not seeing any on dealer lots.

Well... that answered my original question to an extent. American cars seem to have it more readily available. I guess im not finding an Outback with remote start. I refuse to have it installed by the dealer.

why? its the subaru factory remote start.

I guess you haven't heard of port installed options either right?

VOLVO4LIFE=GHT?

spam replying to your own post every 2.5min is kinda DOUCHEY

I wouldnt want a factory system.. they are old tech poor range, and as unreliable as aftermarket anyway.. at 2-3x the cost.

Actually Lexus remote start on the sticker is $499.Not bad.
However poor range and Lexus/Toyota remote start will start the vehicle and the engine will turn off when you unlock the door.Stupid,IMO.

Maybe they sell them but just not in the USA...remember the Prius gone wild trend a while back???

Now try imagining how many people would start the engines for 10-20 minutes in an enclosed garage and then sue the car company for exhaust gas intoxication.

why? its the subaru factory remote start.

I suddenly like this guy. I still have no idea what that is. Im at the point that im just gonna buy a cruze after this thread is done.

Originally Posted By: Andy636
Maybe they sell them but just not in the USA...remember the Prius gone wild trend a while back???

Now try imagining how many people would start the engines for 10-20 minutes in an enclosed garage and then sue the car company for exhaust gas intoxication.

Thats a cool answer. Thanks. Although id never start mine in my garage...

Yeah this. My 89 Mazda 323 had port installed AC. Looked factory. The factory engineers had a part in its design. Was some tax reason why they did it.

80's Japanese pickups got American beds to get around the 25% "chicken tax". Look it up.

Isn't this an oil site? Why would you come to an oil site and ask about remote starters?

For reference: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3292197/Re:_Question_about_back_suppor#Post3292197

Something about this guy rubs me the wrong way.

There are 21 Cruzes in my area that have remote start but I still cant find a subaru with it. This is my point of this thread. I dont wanna buy a cruze but I really want remote start. And also id like to see a lexus key fob that has a remote start button on it because ive never seen one and ive been working on lexus vehicles at firestone for a long time. Id love an RX350 with remote start.

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
Isn't this an oil site? Why would you come to an oil site and ask about remote starters?

For reference: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3292197/Re:_Question_about_back_suppor#Post3292197

Since i got yelled at last time I put it in the right section. Its car related atleast.

Last edited:

If people can talk about back problems and mac computers im sure as [censored] gonna talk about remote start.

There are 21 Cruzes in my area that have remote start but I still cant find a subaru with it.

Have you considered the fact that on some cars the remote start is only installed AFTER the customer buys the car and specifically requests to have this feature?

Ok. But why tho when the american manufacturers they compete with have it way more readily available. Ill either have to pay for it afterwards or buy a gm or ford that already has it. Ill figure it out. Thanks everyone. Even you Edward C. Sorry you feel that way.

Ok. But why tho when the american manufacturers they compete with have it way more readily available.

No idea. Personally, I'd much rather get a car without it than be charged for a feature which I don't want.

If the car comes with it, you have no choice but to pay for it.

To each his own. I just think its [censored] that not one dealer in my area has an outback I can take home and start the next morning from the comfort of my kitchen while I sip my coffee.

Originally Posted By: Hollow
Originally Posted By: Hollow
You might try actually looking at the vehicle websites, to see what options are actually options from the factory, before starting threads on false information/claims.

Just saying.

I would like to find one that has it installed before i buy it. They say theyre dealer installed options. Im looking right now. [censored].

You do realize that if you order from the factory they install the same part the dealer does if you have the dealer option it on at the time of purchase, right? You're not making sense.

Missed your post. Mine wont do it. They act like im stupid when I let the words remote start roll outta my mouth. Im gonna try some dealers in NC tomorrow while im off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back