Why japanese cars dont come with remote start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, sounds like he forgot the "E" in front of his name.

His name should read Evolv04Life.

That would make better sense because he keeps changing it up throughout the entire thread.

I have never seen the need for remote start, honestly. My Magnum didn't have it (and I told the dealer that I wanted it disabled if it did)...I just don't see the need to waste the gas.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Originally Posted By: Volv04Life
Originally Posted By: CHARLIEBRONSON21
Japanese cars in japan follow a very strict emissions program. It might have something to do with that. A lot of vehicles are retired from use with very little miles, hence the JDM motors we see in the US very often. It's possible that this is a reason they don't have them, maybe they don't see them as a necessity.

Thank god. A guy that flippin stayed on topic. Thats an acceptable answer to me. Thanks for not being a douche.

lol.gif
You heard it guys, only acceptable on topic answers, or else your a....

A new guy asks a rhetorical question and then gets but hurt when the topic strays. Pfft.

I'm probably different than most. I wish they sold more "dumb" new cars. If a good part of the cost is all these new-fangled electronic additions, I'd rather have a car without them and the price. I need a car to get me from point A to point B as cheaply and reliably as possible. If I'm traveling and I need to find a certain place, I use something called a map and it has done an amazingly good job me for over sixty years. I don't need a $500 SAT/NAV option. I like music just as much as they next person while driving. But I don't need a $1000 stereo radio to get it. Remote start? I just don't get it. But to each his own. If I don't have it when not needed, and it don't break, I don't have to pay to fix it. Don't get me started on TPMS; another useless, in my opinion, new car mandate that will require needed future expenditures (actually I'm there now), because people were too lazy to check their tire pressure on a regular basis. Hopefully you get my drift?

In cold weather climates, a start with no load(idling)for a minute isn't a bad thing. The wife likes having the heated seats going and a head start on heat from the vents as she drives off. We just had our 50th night of below zero this winter. I'd think the southern folks might like a start on the A/C cooling, too. I've also noticed that remote isn't around on Japanese cars delivered to Minnesota. Many US cars have it and many with block heaters, too. A number of dealers order stock with such and 'cold weather packages'. I understand the reason for posting on this subject-Dan Mpls. Mn.

I'm still hung up on "volvo4life" shopping for a Subaru and apparently owning no Volvos. But I'm grateful for the unintended entertainment.

Originally Posted By: CHARLIEBRONSON21
Japanese cars in japan follow a very strict emissions program. It might have something to do with that. A lot of vehicles are retired from use with very little miles, hence the JDM motors we see in the US very often. It's possible that this is a reason they don't have them, maybe they don't see them as a necessity.

Cite your source. Vehicles aren't retired because of a strict emissions program. I can promise you that.

To the OP, search this site
http://specs.cars-directory.net/

and look for cars with cruise control.

Consider that the Japanese companies have a minimalistic approach to cars, where American companies have a "they want it all" approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back