Why japanese cars dont come with remote start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i havent seen any on the subaru or lexus lots that have them. Im trying to say they are dealer installed options. I cant find any new cars that came with it from factory. Screw it.

Last edited:
You might try actually looking at the vehicle websites, to see what options are actually options from the factory, before starting threads on false information/claims.

Just saying.

Originally Posted By: Hollow
You might try actually looking at the vehicle websites, to see what options are actually options from the factory, before starting threads on false information/claims.

Just saying.

I would like to find one that has it installed before i buy it. They say theyre dealer installed options. Im looking right now. [censored].

Im also looking on ebay. The only cars im finding with it already installed on the vehicle on the lot are ford/ dodge/ chevy/ Gmc. No subarus/ no hondas/ no hyundais/ etc.

Japanese cars in japan follow a very strict emissions program. It might have something to do with that. A lot of vehicles are retired from use with very little miles, hence the JDM motors we see in the US very often. It's possible that this is a reason they don't have them, maybe they don't see them as a necessity.

Originally Posted By: CHARLIEBRONSON21
Japanese cars in japan follow a very strict emissions program. It might have something to do with that. A lot of vehicles are retired from use with very little miles, hence the JDM motors we see in the US very often. It's possible that this is a reason they don't have them, maybe they don't see them as a necessity.

Thank god. A guy that flippin stayed on topic. Thats an acceptable answer to me. Thanks for not being a douche.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
My newly acquired Forester has it.....it looks factory. It's not?

I guess your dealership had one installed. My says I have to order it as they dont have any nor will they get any in that have it already installed. Dont know why tho.

Originally Posted By: Volv04Life
Originally Posted By: Phishin
My newly acquired Forester has it.....it looks factory. It's not?

I guess your dealership had one installed. My says I have to order it as they dont have any nor will they get any in that have it already installed. Dont know why tho.

My guess is its a rarity with japanese cars. I can find explorers and acadias that have it all day long.

Last edited:
Honda has a remote start unit that is available for their products that is available as a dealer add on. The issue is that it has poor range and a $900.00 cost.

My dealer sold me an Audiovox Prestige for $275. installed that is a far superior unit (and much less costly to boot.)

I guess ill be buying american since the 2 Subaru dealers in my area cant flippin find me an outback with remote flippin start. Glad other people could find one with it already installed. One whole forester.

Last edited:
Honda has a remote start unit that is available for their products that is available as a dealer add on. The issue is that it has poor range and a $900.00 cost.

MY POINT EXACTLY! thanks for understanding me. Im not paying an extra $900 on top of the car price when i can go to ford and find 30 cars on the lot that already have it and then haggle on the purchase price of the vehicle.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CHARLIEBRONSON21

Thank god. A guy that flippin stayed on topic. Thats an acceptable answer to me. Thanks for not being a douche.

lol.gif
You heard it guys, only acceptable on topic answers, or else your a....

Well i havent seen any on the subaru or lexus lots that have them. Im trying to say they are dealer installed options. I cant find any new cars that came with it from factory. Screw it.

Toyota and Lexus have a remote start option from the factory.It's on the sticker.

VOLVO4LIFE=GHT?

spam replying to your own post every 2.5min is kinda DOUCHEY

I wouldnt want a factory system.. they are old tech poor range, and as unreliable as aftermarket anyway.. at 2-3x the cost.

also just visit the manufacturers website. its available.

if you want it the dealer installs the factory part for MSRP cost.no labor.

Originally Posted By: Hollow

Just saying.

I would like to find one that has it installed before i buy it. They say theyre dealer installed options. Im looking right now. [censored].

You do realize that if you order from the factory they install the same part the dealer does if you have the dealer option it on at the time of purchase, right? You're not making sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back