Whoa! Coincidence? FPC-1 works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: AstroTurf
Originally Posted By: manofscience
I am still not convinced.

Has anyone here used it, with track-able benefits and changes in MPG?

Thanks, Jim

Hey Jim,

looking for changes in MPG is a bad idea. You want to look at changes in a unit of power such as torque for an over the road vehicle. No two miles are the same you could be going up hill then down hill or the speed limit could change.

Great Theory, But...

In practical terms, Harry Homeowner does not have the equipment to do that.

MPG Tracking on the other hand is the best some of us have.

Take Care, Jim

It's not a theory. If you do a MPG test you could see crazy good numbers or crazy bad numbers. The data won't make sense; there are too many variables in each mile.

I would give 0 credibility to a MPG test. I'm confused as to why a MPG test would convince you over the publication in energy using a real test.

Originally Posted By: manofscience
It's not a theory. If you do a MPG test you could see crazy good numbers or crazy bad numbers. The data won't make sense; there are too many variables in each mile.

I would give 0 credibility to a MPG test. I'm confused as to why a MPG test would convince you over the publication in energy using a real test.

The Energy Magazine article is conducted on a lab engine (a diesel engine at that). Not in real world conditions.

To win over the Average Guy, It has to be proven on the street by other average guys. With carefully monitored MPG Results.

Surely a company that has been around as long as they have would have considered this form of testing. Without it, they will not break through to the average consumer.

So until then, based on what I have seen and read... It does not work for me.

Just my opinion, Jim

The Energy Magazine article is conducted on a lab engine (a diesel engine at that). Not in real world conditions.

To win over the Average Guy, It has to be proven on the street by other average guys. With carefully monitored MPG Results.

Surely a company that has been around as long as they have would have considered this form of testing. Without it, they will not break through to the average consumer.

So until then, based on what I have seen and read... It does not work for me.

Just my opinion, Jim

I think you are looking at "real world conditions" as the conditions you can't control (up hill, down hill, weight of cargo, speed, acceleration, start-stop). You cannot compare MPG to MPG because there is no unit of power to compare.

As an "Average customer" I see many fuel additives thousands even that only have MPG tests and I laugh at them because of it. There is no control in a MPG test. I won't even bother to call them tests. They mean less than 0.

When you say, "It has to be proven on the street by other average guys." does this mean you want someone who is untrained and doesn't know what he is doing to tell you if it will work? that really shocked me when I read that.

I'm sorry Astroturf I'll take a lab of trained scientists that did a controlled test on a clean never used engine over some random street guy who puts it in his dirty used engine any day.

I'm not sure of your background in combustion or the area at all, but I would suggest move away from MPG.

If you wanna test on a car I would recommend getting a torque sensor and measuring torque, flow meters for fuel consumption, and temperature gauges to correct for density changes.

Last edited:
I am just a simple guy, who has to buy gasoline.

And measures it via the MPG calculations of those purchases.

Thanks for your help MoS, Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back