Whoa! Coincidence? FPC-1 works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: glum
Coincidentally, of course, for fpc1.com:

Quote:
Database last updated on 16-Aug-2011 12:04:08 EDT.

I'm not sure I understand what this means.

I see. Thanks for the correction. I guess the ferrocene's octane gain is bad for diesels as they like very low octane.

I looked up ferrous picrate and again, the effects are due to more complete combustion and less carbon deposits. Some studies saw less engine wear as a side effect (soot polishes liners).

Originally Posted By: manofscience

Quote:

That update time is suspiciously close to the time of your post. I think he's wondering if there may be a connection there.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
I see. Thanks for the correction. I guess the ferrocene's octane gain is bad for diesels as they like very low octane.

I looked up ferrous picrate and again, the effects are due to more complete combustion and less carbon deposits. Some studies saw less engine wear as a side effect (soot polishes liners).

Yeah. I've been reading up of ferrous picrate and also I've been reading their test reports on their website. I doubt I'll ever finish them all. Many of the reports show reduced engine wear.

Has anyone used this product or is it safe to assume they deal with mostly large companies (railroads, mines...)

I looked up the retail pricing and at 10c per gallon treated this is hardly economical considering 5% saving and ~$3/gal gasoline.

This may be big in the future with fuel >$5.

However, it should be cost effective now at the volume discount pricing at 5c per gallon treated.

I looked up the retail pricing and at 10c per gallon treated this is hardly economical considering 5% saving and ~$3/gal gasoline.

"new math"? Old math: $3 * 5% =$0.15

Originally Posted By: Carbon

Yes, I can multiply myself fine too, thanks a lot!

The only 5c saving is exactly why I said "hardly" economical. Note that the 5% is not guaranteed and only a rough estimate I made.

BTW, I drive cars that are very fuel efficient already and I failed to detected any MPG gains from things people rave about (aceton, lucas, TCW3, techron, etc).

Originally Posted By: Carbon

Yes, I can multiply myself fine too, thanks a lot!

The only 5c saving is exactly why I said "hardly" economical. Note that the 5% is not guaranteed and only a rough estimate I made.

BTW, I drive cars that are very fuel efficient already and I failed to detected any MPG gains from things people rave about (aceton, lucas, TCW3, techron, etc).

Yeah it looks like they sell more to large fuel users. The bigger the quantity the cheaper the product. I'm gonna contact them and see if they have a better price if I get a couple boxes.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Originally Posted By: manofscience

Quote:

That update time is suspiciously close to the time of your post. I think he's wondering if there may be a connection there.

Oooooh. I'm still kinda confused. Is that when their website was updated or when I made my account? That is kinda weird. I'm not trying to push their product though as you can see. I have just been asking if anyone has had any luck with them like the people who posted back in 2005.

Originally Posted By: ac_tc
Why hasent any oilcompany blended this stuff in their products?

Oil companies want to sell more not save the customer more. They'd be losing money.

Originally Posted By: AstroTurf
MoS,
Any updates...
Bulk pricing? Usage reports?
Thanks, Jim

Hey Jim, I called them up they said they do have bulk discounts. They are for large quantities though. Around 4 cases (4 boxes per case) you start to see a good discount. I might try to get some friends to go in on it with me. If not I'll still be saving money at $0.10 a treated gallon so I'll probably give it a shot.

http://fpc1.com/calc.php?p=3.835&e=0.00&c=20&v=Gallons&f=5&t=Week&i=null

They have all kinds of discounts they told me about.
1. Return customer discount.
2. Refer a friend discount.
3. Write a testimonial discount.
4. Advertising discount. (If you use their bumper sticker.)

As for usage reports no one new has commented on experience with the product on bobistheoilguy since 2005. Here is the link.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=286212#Post286212

Other than that I've just been skimming through their test reports on their website.

http://fpc1.com/test_lib.php

Hope this helps!

MoS,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I think that even at 10 cents a gallon, if it can clean up the burn of the fuel (think ethanol ) it would be well worth it.
Jim

Originally Posted By: AstroTurf
MoS,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I think that even at 10 cents a gallon, if it can clean up the burn of the fuel (think ethanol ) it would be well worth it.
Jim

I agree. I just finished their independent laboratory report section. There is some very interesting science behind this stuff. Much more than "Yeah we promise it works.", and a testimonial from "Mike down the street".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back