Who steals a Kia ?

Two alleged Kia thiefs killed by the Kia owner. Horrible actions by the Kia, owner, who had no prior criminal record, and if allegations are accurate- likely will spend decades in prison.

Not gonna lie. 9 times out of 10 I do not even lock the kia... because "manual"

I have nothing in the vehicle... not even a penny to be found..

The window sticker / owners manual and ins/reg is the only thing in glove box..

It's kinda funny, but the Sonata and Forte have a "security" light that blinks in the center of the dash... But it's not actually hooked up to the non estistant security system. It's just a red LED that blinks when the key is removed.. :LOL:

Its all good.. I wonder if insurance will increase because of all these kia thefts?

More people took action and defended their property and you'd have less of this going on.
Vigilante actions is what was credited for solving massive criminal acts in San Francisco in the mid 1800s. In many countries, it is better to be captured by law enforcement than the public when caught in the act.

The issue often is the victim of a crime becomes charged with crimes when protecting their body, family, and property. I am sure many people that stopped a crime in action, would have made a different decision after being charged with one or more felonies.

A hacksaw will take care of that.
You ever tried a hacksaw on a Club? It's case hardened. Worked in a machine shop when I was in the military and we took a Club apart and used different methods to cut it apart. It's definitely possible to cut but a hacksaw was the least effective and took forever. Takes a typical blade, some coolant or lube of some sort, and a lot of time. All of which I'm thinking these Kia Boyz idiots don't have. Most effective way we found, other than a machine or fire, was a bolt cutter. BUT, it took alot of pressure and rather large cutter because of the case hardening; which again, I doubt these morons have. Cutting the steering wheel is the easiest way but they are "smash and grab." If they can't get in, rip it open and drive off with little or no effort, chances are they will move on. Maybe make a mess first but move on.

On my 2017 Elantra I wrapped a bicycle cable with lock around steering column cover as a deterrent.

Attachments

• Elantra ignition deterent.jpg
    Elantra ignition deterent.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 22
You ever tried a hacksaw on a Club? It's case hardened. Worked in a machine shop when I was in the military and we took a Club apart and used different methods to cut it apart. It's definitely possible to cut but a hacksaw was the least effective and took forever. Takes a typical blade, some coolant or lube of some sort, and a lot of time. All of which I'm thinking these Kia Boyz idiots don't have. Most effective way we found, other than a machine or fire, was a bolt cutter. BUT, it took alot of pressure and rather large cutter because of the case hardening; which again, I doubt these morons have. Cutting the steering wheel is the easiest way but they are "smash and grab." If they can't get in, rip it open and drive off with little or no effort, chances are they will move on. Maybe make a mess first but move on.

You don’t use the hacksaw on the club, you use it on the steering wheel itself. Any cutting implement will go through that like butter.

Who steals a KIA? .... people who see on social media how easy it is to steal, Some steal them "just for fun", and some steak them to commit other crimes then ditch the car. Society is in the toilet.

Back