Who owns an HK Mk23

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Curious who owns one. What do you think of it? What else do you own and how does it compare?

There is a shop that is a decent drive from here that has one to borrow in the range apparently... And Im trying to determine if it is worth a trip to give it a try...

Seem pricey and apparently they are discontinuing their production, so Im interested in understanding and shooting it. Apparently it is NOT the 45 tactical in any real way...

Thanks!

That is a funny article, I have heard the Mk23 was going out production for years. I have shot one it is heavy, it is huge, but it is AWESOME. It was the first time I had ever shot a gun period and one of my buddies in the Military had one and invited me to shoot. I rolled the target out to 15 yards and put the first 3 through the same hole (just one big hole with no paper connected). Gun guys get like oil guys, car guys etc. they start to jump on a bandwagon and get tunnel vision. So many guys have told me Glock is the way to go, I personally think Glocks feel like a toy gun. Cheap and flimsy, it costs $30 to make then they charge $600 for 'em. is that a deal? The HK 23 Is an amazing gun and will hold its value like no other and will someday probably be able to be sold for MORE than you paid for it. If you have they money don't rattle your brain...you get what you pay for:)

JMHO

PS: I have done a lot of shooting since then, tried many guns, some come close, but none beat that H&k
thumbsup2.gif

Maybe the plastic guns are overpriced but with some shopping you can probably buy 4 of any plastic pistol . That will out shoot and outlast any 2, 3 or 4,000 dollar pistol. This statement is not to bash the HK but as a comparison to all pistols. I have looked at the $4,000 wilson combat in my hand and so many times I have thought this doesn't really do anything better than the XD45 I just tried "except there is nothing better than a really nice 1911 trigger'

I would try it just just to say I did. The Mark 23 is a heck of a gun.

Funny you talk about gun guys getting tunnel vision chubbs. I have a 9mm USP, and I have been looking for something smaller. Ill look at XDs and M&Ps but for some reason I keep gravitating back towards HKs. I dont why I cant help it!

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
I would try it just just to say I did. The Mark 23 is a heck of a gun.

Funny you talk about gun guys getting tunnel vision chubbs. I have a 9mm USP, and I have been looking for something smaller. Ill look at XDs and M&Ps but for some reason I keep gravitating back towards HKs. I dont why I cant help it!

Isn't it funny??!! It's hard to let go. I was just sayin if the OP has the money he probably won't be disappointed. The gun market today is full of "good" guns, with my finances I ended up with a Taurus PT 24/7 it's fine, but there are fewer great guns out there and HK makes the some of the greats. Period.

I don't own a Mk23, but I do have a USP 45 Tactical that I got for a very good deal. I've handled the Mk23, and I prefer the fit of the Tactical. Lots of guys who were issued Mk23's found it too bulky, and turned them in to the armories and got the Tactical. Granted H&K's are not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for, IMHO. I also own several Glocks, Sigs, Walthers, Springfields and Kimbers. H&K rounds out my collection. I run all of them hard, and CC most. If I find a nice shoulder rig for the Tactical, I'll CC it too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back