Who has used seafoam in the crankcase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I went to AutoZone after work to check on the Exxon Superflo deal on the gallons (they had none). When I walked out of the store, one of the employees was Seafoaming a customer's car thru the brake vacuum line. I'd never done it on my car, so I popped the hood and he showed me which line to use and how to do it! I'd been curious as to exactly how it was done. This was 7pm tonight.

So I know SOMEONE in Rancho Cucamonga, California (Foothill and Rochester store) now has a Seafoamed car (half thru the brake line, and half poured into the tank). I watched.

I just wish I'd gotten there earlier to hear the conversation which lead to that treatment. I can't imagine it was an easy sell to convince JQ Public to pop the hood and remove a vacuum line when it says pour it in the tank.

I'm thinking I might run some through the vacuum line at the end of this OCI and then also possibly putting some in the crankcase for maybe 15 minutes. The car burns a couple of quarts per 3K anyways.

If you're going to run anything through the brake line you'd be much better off with something harsher. The slightly oily base of seafoam is a useless component.

Just an update: we are going with the Auto RX for sure, so ignore my previous post.

Thanks for the replies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back