Brake Pad Suggestions

I installed an Aisin kit 7 years ago at 58k miles. TB along with recommended valve adjustment at 105k miles are factors. Almost 75 in super cramped down sized garage. Not sure I want to DIY those jobs.
You should be fine, then. Although that was very early to change TB.

Bosch QuietCast Ceramic before Wagner TQ
I’d rather install Bosch before a parts store(Duralast/BrakeBest) pad. Bosch pads seem to be underrated and they worked well the times I had to install them. The local parts house sells them as PerfectStop and I have a suspicion they are Bosch QuietCasts. I pulled a set of Bosch Blues from a Fit, they worked OK. The Indian-made pads from the parts stores seem to work decent but they are noisy cold.

Japanese OE pads are going to be different than Akebono ProACT - Toyota makes it a bit more complex by offering warranty and “service” grade pads.

I believe that regardless of plans, brakes, tires, and suspension components should always be of the HIGHEST quality!
Laws of physics do not suddenly change because you want to get rid of the car in a year.
That's why I just put Michelin Pilot Sport AS rubber on our trusty TSX. Only 221K; this car is perfect and I wanna keep it this way.
I hate cheap parts. I will probably be giving this car away soon because I have too many. Doesn't matter; I won't nickel and dime it.

I have been using Wagner TQ for years on different vehicles. Great product. Good stopping power and minimal dust.

Back