White Cans of Death - torn pleat, ADBV failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Stewie
Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
Originally Posted By: webfors
Purolator Classic filters are a great bargain at only $3.26 at walmart, never had an issue. If you do, send it to Purolator for professional, non biased, and thorough analysis.

LOL, that's right. Send the filter, before opening it yourself to determine if there is an issue or not (your words), to the company that has not acknowledged there is an issue, for a "unbiased and professional" analysis. Your logic, and that of your Puro buddies, is off the chart crazy.

Oh ok, well good luck with opening and staring at oil soaked paper and metal all day long with no recourse.
21.gif

Torn media don't lie

It won't change his mind. There will be the same excuses given. The interesting part to me here is the inability to accept facts by some people if it disagrees with their stance. Saying send the filter in before cutting it open for a damage claim, then not being able to see and admit that was stupid, is an odd personality trait.

I have used Purolator parachutes for years, and have never had one failure. Just because others have gone splat, that is no cause for me to worry.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
^^^^^^ LOL. Now that is scary. Purolator made parachutes!

I was right there with him until I read "parachutes." Maybe that is an auto-correct issue on his iPhone.
33.gif

Torn media don't lie

so vote with your wallet and move along with life, or endlessly chase your tail on an internet forum barking at the moon in anger.

Dude, you're the one that needs to move along. You're more obsessed about this than anyone else.

What you are not having fun with my debate style? I am eager for crazyoildude to post the 4th or 5th variant of the same thread. I enjoy watching people struggle with repetitive and fallacy filled arguments. Not to mention angering the board owners for product bashing. Come on friend, have a beer, or sugar free beer if that is your taste.

LOL.

Well this board used to be for rational discussion. I guess I need to change my perspective and treat it more like a circus and have more fun then... eh?
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: JerryBob
I have used Purolator parachutes for years, and have never had one failure. Just because others have gone splat, that is no cause for me to worry.

mjCS1YV.gif

Originally Posted By: jk_636
I have used purolator filters for years. I have:
-Never had one tear.
-Never had start up noise or lifter tick.
-Never had a can get crushed.
-Never had an ADBV loose its pliability.
-Never had an endcap fall off.

So after all of my "experiences" with Purolator, why should I stop using them? It doesn't make sense!

That's all fine and dandy, but I'm sure once you get a torn filter or two your tune will be a changin'. Sometimes people have to experience things first hand to understand the situation at hand. I hope you don't find that out about STDs also. LoL
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: SilverC6

But FRAM has always had the reputation of being the best looking, best constructed, highest value oil filter over the years here on BITOG....right???

Yeah, and Purolators look real good with big tears in the media. Would make anyone want to run out and buy them every day. LoL

Purolator Classic filters are a great bargain at only $3.26 at walmart, never had an issue. If you do, send it to Purolator for professional, non biased, and thorough analysis.

That is after Superman looked at it with X-ray vision to see the tears before you cut it open. You know, Purolator will ignore any filter sent in that's been cut open by the customer ... especially if said customer does not have a "filter cutting certificate".

oops, as you just found out i put alot of research and effort into it
grin.gif

Par for the course.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
oops, as you just found out i put alot of research and effort into it
grin.gif

Par for the course.
wink.gif

LOL, finally a little truth in this thread
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: jk_636
Stop being so rational! It makes it harder to argue about!!!
crazy.gif

No seriously, good post Ben. I liked your insight on the matter.
thumbsup2.gif

Ummmmm ... some of the same insight many people here have, yet certain members get dogged all day long for it. Trolls will be trolls.

Torn media don't lie

so vote with your wallet and move along with life, or endlessly chase your tail on an internet forum barking at the moon in anger.

Dude, you're the one that needs to move along. You're more obsessed about this than anyone else.

Exactly

What you are not having fun with my debate style? I am eager for crazyoildude to post the 4th or 5th variant of the same thread. I enjoy watching people struggle with repetitive and fallacy filled arguments. Not to mention angering the board owners for product bashing. Come on friend, have a beer, or sugar free beer if that is your taste.

And claiming that every BITOG member who has cut open a Purolator oil filter doesn't know what he's doing and tears the media while cutting isn't a bit "crazy"? Yeah, those same guys cut open other brands and do fine, but as soon as that oil filter cutter hits a Purolator they go into zombie mode and screw the cutting process all up. Totally a logical theory! Maybe they have too many beers and bark at the moon too much before cutting open Purolators.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
...I hope you don't find that out about STDs also. LoL
grin.gif

I have enough Purocillin to kill anything I come across. If the Purocillin doesn't kill it then MMO will...
thumbsup2.gif

^^^ LoL ... not all are curable! Tearolators can't be cured with Purocillin. In that case, abstinence is the best cure.
grin.gif

Mannocycline?

Napacetamide?

Sorry...combining antibiotics with filter manufacturers just struck me as hilarious there for a few minutes.

I think I'm okay now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back