White Cans of Death - torn pleat, ADBV failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
An apt location for a bottom shelf filter.

That's where they kept the FRAM's until a couple of years ago.

I imagine the location has to do with who is paying who the most money to be in eye height of the customers.

^^^ Or the low volume and slow sellers go to the bottom shelf ... then they get discontinued later.

Just for some perspective, considering that the Classic was/is a replacement for the previous Super Tech line which 'in my observation' occupied even less shelf space, bottom shelf status no major revelation imo. Also the Fram offerings have long dominated the majority oil filter offerings of WM shelf space, including eye level.

While anything is possible including the Classic being discontinued at WM, imo unlikely any time soon. My .02

I usually dismiss the idea that a manufacturer would 'cheapen' a product in order to make Walmart's price point, but it does seem that the sudden rash of Classics tearing started about the time they started showing up on WM's shelves...

Just a coincidence?

They are the lowest priced filter at WM.
Guess they took over Super Tech spot.
Good to see they aim high.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
A lot of People in the auto business stopped using them us included

Just because your company stopped doesn't make it an industry standard. Plenty still use them. Purolator still makes a quality product, and failure is dependent not solely on quality but on service interval and conditions. This hys-tear-ia is being blown way out of proportion.

Originally Posted By: jk_636

Just because your company stopped doesn't make it an industry standard. Plenty still use them. Purolator still makes a quality product, and failure is dependent not solely on quality but on service interval and conditions. This hys-tear-ia is being blown way out of proportion.

Here we go again

18.gif

Originally Posted By: Stewie

Here we go again

18.gif

As Shakespeare said, truth is truth to the end of reckoning.

Here we go again

18.gif

As Shakespeare said, truth is truth to the end of reckoning.

Shakespeare didn't say you were telling the truth.

says the guy who has started four threads over 12 months with an obvious biased agenda.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey

says the guy who has started four threads over 12 months with an obvious biased agenda.

Hello pot my names kettle

Originally Posted By: Garak
Here we go again

Don't worry, Stewie. Walmart Canada saved us by discontinuing the Purolator/Bosch line.
wink.gif

But Walmart US didn't.

weeee... this thread is still going! Right on.. I'll summarize in one sentence:

Puro's suck... I mean tear... epidemic... bad QA... fram is a can of orange death.. your a fram lover.. no you are... no you are... no you are.... blah blah...

Originally Posted By: chainblu
I usually dismiss the idea that a manufacturer would 'cheapen' a product in order to make Walmart's price point, but it does seem that the sudden rash of Classics tearing started about the time they started showing up on WM's shelves...

Just a coincidence?

I think so. The issue popped up in PureOnes about the same time frame, and Walmart doesn't even sell those.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
But Walmart US didn't.

Realistically, Walmart Canada hasn't done much right with their filter lines for a lot of years. The last great deal they had was when they used to carry AC Delcos up here over 20 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back