Where To Buy TGMO 0W-20 SN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've spent about the last 2 hours skimming(about all I'm qualified to do) this topic.
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2678471/34

I'm now convinced that this oil is the one I want to use in my 2013 Tundra. Given my use of the truck, this oil is probably not required but since I plan to drive it for the next 15 years, I'm a little anal about maintenance. I just don't want to take it to the dealer every time. I have not checked my dealer about buying it but probably will at some point.

Again, is there a recommended source of this oil?

John
W.TN

Last edited:
Great oil...one of the very best.
I was getting it at a dealer. I'm fairly certain you can only get it there. I decided to try some other oils as the location of the dealer wasn't my favorite place to visit.

At the dealer. They may charge anywhere from ~$5 upwards, most more though. My local dealer charges $7.06/quart, with the listed retail invoice price being something like $7.40. I bought a case a few months back and am looking forward to using it!

I always see TGMO on CL.
Never any other Japanese nameplate branded oil.
Just saw TGMO 0W-20 SN on CL priced at $50.00 for thirteen quarts, if you'll be finding yourself in northern KY over the next few days.
I'd have hooked up and bought it since we were in Cincinnati today, but I already have plenty of HGMO SM 0W-20 and the weather was supposed to be bad, so I wasn't trying to extend our travels.

I asked around up my way and got it for $6 a quart at the dealer. Not the best price ever recorded for the TGMO but I thought it was a good deal seeing as I saved about $14 in the case.
smile.gif

In my area, the lowest dealer quote I've gotten is about $7.45 with no volume discounts.

I've always been leery of buying things on eBay and CL.

I did read that you can show up at the dealer with an empty container and buy it in bulk for cheaper. I don't covet thy dealer's oil to go to that much trouble.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
I always see TGMO on CL.
Never any other Japanese nameplate branded oil.
Just saw TGMO 0W-20 SN on CL priced at $50.00 for thirteen quarts, if you'll be finding yourself in northern KY over the next few days.
I'd have hooked up and bought it since we were in Cincinnati today, but I already have plenty of HGMO SM 0W-20 and the weather was supposed to be bad, so I wasn't trying to extend our travels.

Nice found the ad but i dont have the spare money to spend on 0w20 for a blend right now since i would need to Caterham it. I am close to where he can meet.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/pts/4346044060.html

I've posted this before. It looks like many Toyota dealers have updated their websites and removed searching with part numbers but my local still allows it...
repost-"Try this for a better deal on TGMO oil: Go to your local Toyota dealer's parts website and search this 12 qt. case part number (002790WQTE).
My dealer wouldn't match the online price in person but said I could order it online and choose local pickup. I've checked several dealers and noted prices from $60-$70 online.
Also check your local Lexus dealer with the same p/n. That's where I saw the $60/cs."

I get my TGMO from my dealer and hearing what and after reading what others pay, I'm getting a great deal.
I get a 5L jug for $25.

I'm getting it for $7.04/qt from my dealer. Honestly, it is not that expensive considering what some other top tier synthetics run. Although, I would be happy if I could find a better deal.

At the Toyota dealer, I just picked some up about a month ago for $5.80 something per quart.

Originally Posted By: SF0059
I'm getting it for $7.04/qt from my dealer. Honestly, it is not that expensive considering what some other top tier synthetics run. Although, I would be happy if I could find a better deal.

I am thinking about ordering it from midatlantictoyotaparts.com in Mechanicsville, VA. I can get it for $5.90 quart, which includes shipping factored into that price. A case of 12 is about $65 + shipping. Gets it even closer to the other top-tier brands.

I would just use M1,PP, or Ultra and call it a day. I would not pay more or go out of my way to buy it. Just because it has a high VI we seem to have a cult worshiping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back