Where to buy car repair manuals ?

Good day.
I own and maintain my three cars . BMW 330i 2019 (´19), Toyota Corolla diesel (´16) and Susuki Swift 1.2 (´13)

Can i buy online access where i can look at the service manuals ? It would be nice to find spares and torque figures.

Thank you :)

I bought my set from Ebay. They had been sitting in a public library for several years. I don't think anybody ever looked at them.

I wish you could still by the Chiltons or Haynes books at your local parts store like you could for older cars.. They had just enough info to do the job for a weekend mech. Dont really see them anymore for newer cars...I guess everything is online now...

I wish you could still by the Chiltons or Haynes books at your local parts store like you could for older cars.. They had just enough info to do the job for a weekend mech. Dont really see them anymore for newer cars...I guess everything is online now...
There is so much information that contradicts the FSM in the Haynes and Chiltons for my Isuzu that it's no wonder many died a premature death.

Incorrect torque specs, valve clearances, timing procedure, procedures for one engine type listed under another, parts that don't exist...

There is so much information that contradicts the FSM in the Haynes and Chiltons for my Isuzu that it's no wonder many died a premature death.

Incorrect torque specs, valve clearances, timing procedure, procedures for one engine type listed under another, parts that don't exist...
never had an issue with past books for honda plymouth dodge chrysler and ford...they gave me the info to complete the job...

I have the Repair Manuals (Book bind & CD) on all of my vehicles except my Kawasaki Ninja but I seldom used them. Here's the deal, I am a member of all the Car Forums on all my respective vehicles I owned (including my wife's XC90). I simply asked the members/gurus on the forum and I get all the help I can. On top of that, ask the forum members at BITOG as well. And the best thing it's FREE of charge & you'll gain more knowledge from the members

In my books...my Car Repair Manuals are just gathering dust.

Last edited:
One online source which has been mentioned here is, alldata.com

A source for paper and some disc based manuals is, books4cars.com. I've purchased from them, alas, a paper manual for a 2000 Acura was he last time I used them, a little less than 4 years ago.
I've used AllData DIY in the past and it was very helpful. I'm a torque to spec kind of person, not a couple ugga dugga kind of person.

Heck you couldn't pay me to have a paper manual or use the paper ones I have over the digital ones. I love digital PDFs. Just type in the words you want and it finds then and gives you where they are.

If you have a used book store nearby, you might check them out. We have one called McKay's here...you might be surprised on what you find there.

Good day.
I own and maintain my three cars . BMW 330i 2019 (´19), Toyota Corolla diesel (´16) and Susuki Swift 1.2 (´13)

Can i buy online access where i can look at the service manuals ? It would be nice to find spares and torque figures.

Thank you :)
I have been able to find free FSM downloads for every car I own

Many libraries offer free access to Alldata or similar services. Some require you to be inside their facility but my friend on the other side of the state was able to get a remote login for Alldata through his local library.

I haven’t tried the Haynes digital manuals that allegedly were going to be made. Anyone try one?

B1B3C89D-E2F9-4BCE-A4D1-05955B9B0931.jpg

I have the Repair Manuals (Book bind & CD) on all of my vehicles except my Kawasaki Ninja but I seldom used them. Here's the deal, I am a member of all the Car Forums on all my respective vehicles I owned (including my wife's XC90). I simply asked the members/gurus on the forum and I get all the help I can. On top of that, ask the forum members at BITOG as well. And the best thing it's FREE of charge & you'll gain more knowledge from the members

In my books...my Car Repair Manuals are just gathering dust.
Depends on the complexity of the repairs and to some extent popularity of the vehicles, but yes, forums or youtube videos are great resources for many repairs. Haynes and Chiltons, I haven't found worth the bother and too often have misinformation or lacking info. I should restate that. Haynes and Chiltons were more useful to me years ago back when I first started DIY repairing but vehicles were less complex then too.

I would check ebay for any factory manuals, those are the best.. I have found chiltons isn't very good and haynes is a little better.

Back