Where is my post go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As with most topics, South Park has this covered well. See the best start of an episode ever "naggers" episode, then watch last season with PC Principle. "You PC bro?"

Originally Posted By: pbm
Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Originally Posted By: Smoky14
PC is Fascism pretending to be good manners.

And anti-PC is bigotry pretending to be straight talk.

Over-simplifying things just to make people mad on purpose is fun!

Fascism is much more odious than bigotry....Bigotry has always and will always exist...it's part of being HUMAN...it's just that PC allows some groups to be bigoted and others not to be...

Know what's even more odious than fascism?

Missing the point.

What a joke that it got removed. I just came to see where it went. I guess it's because you said they were black, which is not racist.

Originally Posted By: dan_erickson
They could have sent me a private message to edit the post instead of deleting the whole thing.

If it really was against the rules, they should have sent you a PM and edited or deleted your post. You can and should expect an explanation, but you can't expect them to let a bad post sit there while you get around to it.

Speaking of which, YOU could have sent THEM a PM about this, too.
wink.gif

Board Rule 9F pretty much says they can delete any posts anytime they see fit, regardless of what the poster thinks.

9. Members acknowledge and agree to all of the following:

F. that the owner or his designated agents have the absolute right to remove objectionable content, at any time, if they determine that removal is necessary, appropriate, or otherwise in the best interest of the forum. The owner's and designated agents' decisions under this rule shall be made in their sole discretion, and shall not be subject to any form of review outside this forum. The owner will make a reasonable effort to ensure that materials that should be removed from the forum are removed in a timely fashion. Members assistance in this regard will be sincerely appreciated.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
They could have sent me a private message to edit the post instead of deleting the whole thing.

If it really was against the rules, they should have sent you a PM and edited or deleted your post. You can and should expect an explanation, but you can't expect them to let a bad post sit there while you get around to it.

wink.gif

Board Rule 9F pretty much says they can delete any posts anytime they see fit, regardless of what the poster thinks.

F. that the owner or his designated agents have the absolute right to remove objectionable content, at any time, if they determine that removal is necessary, appropriate, or otherwise in the best interest of the forum. The owner's and designated agents' decisions under this rule shall be made in their sole discretion, and shall not be subject to any form of review outside this forum. The owner will make a reasonable effort to ensure that materials that should be removed from the forum are removed in a timely fashion. Members assistance in this regard will be sincerely appreciated.

That is a generic rule on every forum, however there is usually enough consistency that someone who has been a member for 6 years will have a pretty good idea of what will stay or go. This forum has the appearance of minimal involvement from moderators.

BITOG seems to let people speak pretty freely here (which is good). A couple weeks ago I started a thread about some stuff in Fram filters and this guy with a spectrum disorder posted like 57 times about Purolators in my thread. Most forum Mods would smack that down for off topic/derailing, but BITOG let it stand. Don't complain about your black neighbors playing basketball in the house late at night though. LOL

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Yep,it;s pretty sad huh. BUT,someone can type "redneck" all day long making fun of country living caucasians and no one gets butthurt. I personally find the term "ricer" offensive as it makes fun of Asians,BUT no outcry from that either.

Hey, relax Chief.
wink.gif

I "love" how people who are guests here complain about the house rules.

If you don't like the rules, you are not forced to be here...

wink.gif

this, x 100.
below this rule should be, in 2" tall font, to p.m. a mod if one's post/thread is deleted -- instead of starting a whining thread about it. this has been mentioned each time a thread like this has been started -- but, obviously, it never sinks in.
'gotta love bitog.

I was basically asking if there is anything I can do. These neighbors rent, I own, and I have every reason to believe there is drugs involved along with them being very annoying. I do not want to just start calling the cops and having the neighbors think that I am the one calling in fear that they will do something to me, my house, or cars.

I need some advice.

I guess that's one thing an HOA is good for,keeping trash like that out of neighborhoods (if that even works). Are they section 8 trash?

I was basically asking if there is anything I can do. These neighbors rent, I own, and I have every reason to believe there is drugs involved along with them being very annoying. I do not want to just start calling the cops and having the neighbors think that I am the one calling in fear that they will do something to me, my house, or cars.

I need some advice.

What are they doing that is so annoying and bothersome? What do the other neighbors think about the situation.

I lived next to a drug house a long time ago and collected over 200 license plate numbers of cars coming over all the time because I was sick and tired of all that [censored] going on. Ended up give the list to the cops and a month later the house was raided, then later foreclosed and sold.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Yep,it;s pretty sad huh. BUT,someone can type "redneck" all day long making fun of country living caucasians and no one gets butthurt. I personally find the term "ricer" offensive as it makes fun of Asians,BUT no outcry from that either.

Either 1) the poster self-identifies (making it okay) as being redneck ("I redneck fixed my exhaust with two hose clamps and the rubber band off a bunch of broccoli") or 2) "redneck" is a disparaging term for something that can be undone with will ("That redneck went to college/ joined the Marines/ moved out of that dump-hole and made something of himself.") I honestly don't believe it's a slam against whitey.
wink.gif

I need some advice.

What are they doing that is so annoying and bothersome? What do the other neighbors think about the situation.

I lived next to a drug house a long time ago and collected over 200 license plate numbers of cars coming over all the time because I was sick and tired of all that [censored] going on. Ended up give the list to the cops and a month later the house was raided, then later foreclosed and sold.

^ This.

Call the cops and tell them what you're seeing, in full. If it's useful info, they'll commit whatever resources they can. If it's not enough to act on, they'll still make a note of it in case something else comes up.

wink.gif

So, there are half a dozen mods, at least. Does one pick a "friendly" one and ask? How does one know they're asking the mod who's going to take offence? Maybe there could be a "funnel" that goes to all and they can decide among themselves who'll take it?

...Yeah, basically. Heh.

Another option, if you really don't know which mod to PM, is to PM an admin instead.

This is exactly how the pro-PC crowd tries to change the definition of words such as bigotry...

I didn't see your post but it sounds like it wasn't PC...that's a big NO NO in modern America...

MHO
Smoky

Exactly!

Over-simplifying things just to make people mad on purpose is fun!

Fascism is much more odious than bigotry....Bigotry has always and will always exist...it's part of being HUMAN...it's just that PC allows some groups to be bigoted and others not to be...

Another post that's right on! Bam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back