Annoying neighbor

Move it yourself and be done with it.

If he doesn’t like the way you fix the issue, that’s his own mental problem he’ll have to deal with. He will have no other reason to talk to you.

*He wont get upset with you for “trespassing.” He told you to move it. You did.

The days of "luv thy neighbor" are longgggggggg gone. Now its, call the cops on thy neighbor. People are exhausting anymore.

Last edited:
I have the neighbor from hell next door to me. He is a second home owner, and when he comes here, he thinks he is in Disneyland, and all the full time residents need to conform to his expectations, including me. I will not detail all the crazy things he has done, but one cost me $3000 to oppose his efforts to dig a trench across my property for his utility lines (there was a utility easement, but it had expired years earlier).

Then he called me up to complain about me cutting down a tree on my property that was 500 feet from his home, and not even visible from his house. That was the end. I blocked his ability to telephone me, and ignore his e-mails.

I call him "The Long Island Dentist" as he is a retired dentist. A very disagreeable person. When he was building his house up here, there was a labor shortage. His project fell behind schedule as a result, so he fired the contractor. Which accomplished nothing, other than to delay his project further. He wound up having asphalt shingles installed late in the construction season, and the adhesives did not bond properly. An early winter windstorm blew all his shingles off, and they were everywhere. The man is a fool.
Yikes, there are neighbors like this even in Vermont? Here in New Jersey we live on top of each other. I always fantasize about Vermont being the place to “get away from it all.” Oh well🙁

all his various personality disorders.
How about a gift certificate to the local psychiatrist?

Ultimately, as mentioned before, I'd go with a survey or at least get a copy of his. Probably an easy $500 out of pocket or more, but could be worth the peace of mind. If he's right, move off his property.

If you really want to stand your ground (pun intended) adverse possession might be a costly win but I personally always like a challenge. Could be bad blood in the future if the guy is truly a psycho.

I have a neighbor down the street from me( I live in the mountains off of a golf course) and their driveway is about 2ft from the property line. Anyway, they park their cars and such that the back bumpers is hanging over the driveway. Well their neighbor was upset that the bumpers where in there "airspace" so they called the police on them. Being rural we have the State Police patrol. The cops came and and basically had a good laugh. Fast forward a few months and they were backing up their vehicles and the neighbor comes running out and just stood there, well the neighbor backing up(82 yrs old) didn't see the neighbor standing there and knocked knocked him over. Here comes the cops, they get a warning.

As an fyi there is about 30 feet between the two driveways with Oak and Pine trees.

The Neighbors with the driveway put on a fence and painted it only on the one side and not the side facing the neighbor, well that is another story!!

Those 2 are the talk of the neighborhood!!

Welcome to the new millenium!!

I'm new here ....... but I suspect the best solution to the OPs problem is patience.
I would guess the "neighbor" will be installing a fence in the near future because "his" neighbors are a PIA.

If it has been this way for 10-15 years and predates both of you, you have two options:

1) move them to an agreed upon spot, with the other person agreeing in writing to the location.

2) consult an attorney about easement policy in the area, as it would seem to me that you have yourself one…

Yikes, there are neighbors like this even in Vermont? Here in New Jersey we live on top of each other. I always fantasize about Vermont being the place to “get away from it all.” Oh well🙁
He is a Long Islander. We live on a hill quite high. Most houses here are earth tone to blend in to the trees. His house is white, and he cleared all the land near his house to have an expansive view. As a result his house sticks out and can be seen from 10 miles away. He has a little balcony/porch. From the valley below, his house looks like a cuckoo clock, with the bird coming out on the balcony.

He planted some spruce trees right on the property line. He then came over and complained when some plowed snow from a 18 inch snowfall touched a lower branch.

And in an area with all underground electric lines, he went overhead except near his own house, where he did not want to see the line.

You got be going on his endless self centered shenanigans.

He is a Long Islander. We live on a hill quite high. Most houses here are earth tone to blend in to the trees. His house is white, and he cleared all the land near his house to have an expansive view. As a result his house sticks out and can be seen from 10 miles away. He has a little balcony/porch. From the valley below, his house looks like a cuckoo clock, with the bird coming out on the balcony.

He planted some spruce trees right on the property line. He then came over and complained when some plowed snow from a 18 inch snowfall touched a lower branch.

And in an area with all underground electric lines, he went overhead except near his own house, where he did not want to see the line.

The one neighbor thing that should no longer exist in this world of science and simple common sense, is a falling tree being an act of god.
If a tree is within reach of some permanent structure that can be damaged, if the owner of said structure wants it removed it should be removed, or trimmed enough that it won't reach the structure. And if removal etc. is refused by the tree owner, then that should make them totally responsible for any incurred damage done by said tree.

My father told me years ago when i moved into a new subdivision not to pay for my neighbors half a fence on are common connecting line. Should of listen how petty some people could be. 23 to 73 age learn alot. Won't put up with petty with BS. Have 60 acres more or less don't have a problem cutting my neighbors property along the main road just so i can see the road better. I don't even know them.
Neighbor called me at my old house 10 pm had a plumbing leak fix it less than a hour told him a drink VO never got anything and he blew any more help for 10-12 dollars.

I am pretty sure it's on his property. As I said it's been this way for 10 or 15 years before either of us moved in.
Since neither you or your neighbor but these up and they are on his property, I do not understand why you're even worrying about it. Just tell him to remove them on his own if that's what he wants.
If it's not on your property, it's not your problem.

I don’t see anything wrong with somebody asking you to move your stuff off his property.

Obviously it’s bothering him, so what’s the big deal? It’s his property, why not respect that?

I understand your upset because it was always there, I get it, I do but you have to respect that it is his property and is now bothering him and he wants it removed.

I personally wouldn’t hold any grudges against my neighbor if he asked the same of me

Back