Where can I buy the cheapest motor oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OP must leave SF sometimes.
There are Walmarts everywhere.
He could therefore drop by a Walmart on his travels.

I don't give two kraps about anybody's political view on Wal-Mart

It sucks shopping there so I don't go

I can get the same oil, for the same price, shipped to my door for free from Amazon as a Prime Member.

So down here at the Lowes and Home Depot in Hutto, TX.

Both places started a little automotive section. Car wash, wax, and oil and batteries.

The 5 quart jugs of motor oil seemed to be really well priced. I think I am going to run some Shell Formula in the Matrix this go around.

Walmart has the lowest everyday prices on oil & filters. I picked up 7 quarts of Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic & a Motorcraft filter tonight for about $45. Most full syns are $24-$26/5qt jug there. Definitely my go-to place for oil & filters.

As posted above....check the sales/rebates forum here at BiTOG and you'll find deals at least 1/year...enough to stock up on oil for 3 years or more.

If you live near a Menards they have Quaker State green bottle for $2.50 a quart. I think it's about the same as Penzoil Yellow Bottle.

I have bought oil at Walmart before at great prices, but I find that the 3 chains near my house, AutoZone, Advanced Auto, and even Pep Boys, have outstanding prices on oil and filter combos. This is where I save the most money.

If this is about oil, then yes, WalMart has great prices. If this is about produce, then yes, WalMart has great prices and I guarantee that they are the same quality product but at a lower price than your local grocery store.

If this is about Pro/Anti unions then that's a whole other issue.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Working big chain retail all pays roughly the same which probably isn't good.

Most of BITOG doesnt get this.

*As far as price, I feel Meijer has the best oil sales. Doubt OP has one locally though. Their every day prices seem comparable to WM's, but their buy one get one 50% off is pretty hard to beat IMO. They have a great selection too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Zako2
Of course, since there are zero Walmarts in San Francisco, the OP will probably spend more money on bridge tolls and gas to the East Bay than what he gains from buying oil in a Walmart. I'd suggest to look for an auto parts store like O'Reilly or AutoZone and just buy what's currently on sale.

If you have AAP in SF, this month's special includes a 5 qt jug QSUD with a driveworks oil filter for $19.99. If you have NAPA near you in SF, this month they have a special on NAPA full synthetic oil- $3.49 per qt. To keep costs low, they also have NAPA proselect oil filter for $2 and some change. Hope this helps you
smile.gif
in your quest for low oil prices.

I buy TropArtic blend at Orscheln for $1.99 a quart when it goes on sale several times a year. I usually buy a case or two. At that price, you can't beat it for a quality oil.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: BikeWhisperer
I don't give two kraps about anybody's political view on Wal-Mart

It sucks shopping there so I don't go

I can get the same oil, for the same price, shipped to my door for free from Amazon as a Prime Member.

And your Prime membership costs $99.

>Where can I buy the cheapest motor oil?

I hope you mean "Where can I find a good quality product at a reasonable price."

Not "I want to buy cheap oil because screw my car, it's a nuisance expense."

Using the correct motor oil in your car made by a quality supplier/manufacturer is the only thing you should concern yourself with. If you don't want to take care of your car the best you can then you shouldn't own a car in my personal opinion.

Originally Posted By: MikeHigg
NAPA sale at $1.99 per quart, or Walmart brand at little more than that in 5 qt jug.

+1

Hyundai OEM Oil Filter #26300-35503
Hastings Engine Air Filter #AF1511

2011 Ford Focus SE, 2.0L
Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W-20
Motorcraft Oil Filter #FL-910S
Motorcraft Engine Air Filter #FA-1890

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back