What’s best oil for my Audi R8 V10 2012 ?

Clearly, you just aren't hanging 'round the right circles good sir. The discerning ranks of the Bargain Brigade absolutely fawn over the prospect of a low priced budget store brand oil, regardless of whether it's approved for anything or not! 🧐

We will reach peak BITOG when somebody recommends it for a Ferrari or Lamborghini IMHO, though I must say, an Audi R8 isn't far off.
"peak BITOG" - wins today

Hello guys I’m new here, I’m looking to get some advice about what would be the best oil engine for my Audi R8 V10, I bought this used in the 2017 and as of now has 35.000 kms on and I drive only few hundreds kms per year, looking to sell it. It come the moment to have oil change as a year passed even I drove it only for about 200kms 😅 she’ll I change the oil filter ? In This car was since new was always used Mobil 1 5w40 then since I have it first oil change was with Royal purple 5W40, then red line same spec then Amsoil classic 5W40 even here in italy they advice the 5W30 I always thought that the w40 a bit thicker would be better for this car, I’m in love with usa oils as I think they are the best even pretty much expensive here. Consider that the temperature here in winter rarely goes below but normally is 4• to 16• in winter and summer reaches 35• any amicable advice would be very welcomed

You drive only a few hundred kilometers a year and you are looking to sell it?

Does the OP know how many, the locations of and the correct drain and fill procedure for a V10? It’s not a very DIY friendly oil change without access to a ramp that a R8 will go on to.

To me this is more relevant than wether the use of 502, 504 or 511 should be considered. However Its worth noting that 511 is not required and either of the other two will do For a yearly low mileage oil change.

Does the OP know how many, the locations of and the correct drain and fill procedure for a V10? It’s not a very DIY friendly oil change without access to a ramp that a R8 will go on to.

To me this is more relevant than wether the use of 502, 504 or 511 should be considered. However Its worth noting that 511 is not required and either of the other two will do For a yearly low mileage oil change.
It seems to me that the oil has been changed a few times before. So either he knows how to do it or his mechanic does.

Well if you look at it like that just use the same oil as the last 4 oil changes.

These use 502 and if you want a long drain 504. They have never been spec’d for 511 so I suppose it depends on if the manufacturer specs are important to you or not.

If not and your not bothered about price buy the Mobil 1 ESP X3 511 but for a few hundred road miles a year it’s overkill imo.

My nephew just bought a new 2022 R8 V10.
It specs, according to him, 10w60.
7 Drain plugs? Lamborghini engine.
Was white. He wrapped it.
R8.jpg

Well if you look at it like that just use the same oil as the last 4 oil changes.

These use 502 and if you want a long drain 504. They have never been spec’d for 511 so I suppose it depends on if the manufacturer specs are important to you or not.

If not and your not bothered about price buy the Mobil 1 ESP X3 511 but for a few hundred road miles a year it’s overkill imo.
VW511.00 is heavier version of VW504.00.

HTHS 3.9 and fairly low KV100 13.5 for such HTHS.

Granted, that relation is outstanding, but that's one aspect to consider apart from others.
Is it even relevant or even more relevant than others?

Valid, agreed. However that's OT.

However Its worth noting that 511 is not required and either of the other two will do For a yearly low mileage oil change.

True, but nobody said that VW 511 00 would be mandatory. It couldn't because VW 511 00 wasn't been released when that car was built. OP in general should provide what approval your manual says and where he's based.

Granted, that relation is outstanding, but that's one aspect to consider apart from others.
Is it even relevant or even more relevant than others?

Valid, agreed. However that's OT.

True, but nobody said that VW 511 00 would be mandatory. It couldn't because VW 511 00 wasn't been released when that car was built. OP in general should provide what approval your manual says and where he's based.
It is approved for all necessary approvals in that category. I just throw it as an option.

Looks lovely.

I don’t know of any 10w60 VAG oil?

HIGH PERFORMANCE GENUINE ENGINE OIL 10W60 501.01/505.00 (1 QUART)​

Latest revision, fully synthetic, high performance genuine engine oil. Formulated specifically for use in 2012-2015 Audi R8 V10 engines. Strictly adheres to the Volkswagen Group's latest 501.01 / 505.00 long drain specification. Perfect choice for any Audi requiring 501.01 / 505.00 specification.

• VW 501.01 / 505.00
  • 10W60 High Performance Genuine Engine Oil is recommended for 2012-2015 Audi R8 V10 engines that require 501.01 specification engine oil.

HIGH PERFORMANCE GENUINE ENGINE OIL 10W60 501.01/505.00 (1 QUART)​

Latest revision, fully synthetic, high performance genuine engine oil. Formulated specifically for use in 2012-2015 Audi R8 V10 engines. Strictly adheres to the Volkswagen Group's latest 501.01 / 505.00 long drain specification. Perfect choice for any Audi requiring 501.01 / 505.00 specification.

• VW 501.01 / 505.00
  • 10W60 High Performance Genuine Engine Oil is recommended for 2012-2015 Audi R8 V10 engines that require 501.01 specification engine oil.
Ooh I like that

Back