What works better, Meg's or Mother's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to use Mother's products back in the bay, but have been using Meg's products for a while now. I do not often hear much about Mother's, and had thoughts about giving it a try again.

Looking for some honest opinions here.....

They both have their strong suites. You can't go wrong with either one imo.

Honestly, i used to be all about Mothers. But they have kinda faded.

I detail amateurly in the summer time as a side business, and ive never had anything from Mothers as a "Go-To" product.

I primarly use 3D HD products and Meguiar's products. Meg's stuff is easy to find and they have a very wide selection.

Originally Posted By: randomhero439
Honestly, i used to be all about Mothers. But they have kinda faded.

I detail amateurly in the summer time as a side business, and ive never had anything from Mothers as a "Go-To" product.

I primarly use 3D HD products and Meguiar's products. Meg's stuff is easy to find and they have a very wide selection.

Me too...my first new car (truck) was covered in Mother's products. But Meg's products have always done a good job.

I just happened to see some old pictures taken of me waxing me car, and had me thinking about it again...

Each company has lousy, mediocre, and great products. Much of it is subjective, so buy some stuff and do an A/B comparison to see what you like.

Meguiars is my choice for wax products, but have used Mothers now and then, both give excellent results
cheers3.gif

For the OTC stuff, the Meguiars line-up has been solid, but I am not too familiar with Mother's...other than their VLR product.

As dparm said, YMMV. Which types of products are you looking for?

Originally Posted By: The Critic
For the OTC stuff, the Meguiars line-up has been solid, but I am not too familiar with Mother's...other than their VLR product.

As dparm said, YMMV. Which types of products are you looking for?

I'm thinking about changing to something different. I've used Meg's products for a while with great success, but maybe it is just this site, but I have the itch to try something new.

Of course shine is nice, but I would like it to last a while. And I prefer something that I don't have to order, just for the simple fact in case I run out, I'd like to still be able to get some that day.

Just a few that are floating in my head now, like Mother's fx wax, Meg's Ultimate, Collinite 845, Surf City...

Like I said, the reason I'm comparing these guys is to see how the two big OTC do, and since I hear little about Mother's, to find out why...
smile.gif

With respect to car wash soap (having used many incl. Megs and Mothers) I think Mother's California Gold Wash and Wax is an excellent car wash. I'm using Optimum right now and other than the good smell, I don't really see a reason to get it over Mother's.

Even though I'm a fan of Meguiar's I will say no metal polish I've used quite lives up to Mother's Incredible Billet. It can polish aluminum to look like chrome by hand with little effort. A lot of aluminum and metal polishes leave a whitish or cloudy reflection, Mother's Incredible Billet will polish down to nearly perfect reflectivity. And for brass and other polishable metals it does just as amazing a job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back