What Oil Filter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took my Ford F-250 in for an Oil Change, they put a Fleetguard LF4054 Oil Filter Napa on it. I forgot what filter the truck takes I had one in my storage trailer but can't find it.

What Motorcraft Filter does the motor take is it the Ford Motorcraft FL-1-HP oil filter?

Does anyone know who makes this filter for Motorcraft?

Originally Posted By: w6pea
Does anyone know who makes this filter for Motorcraft?

Most likley Purolator.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
What yr and what engine?

1995 F-250 7.5L (460cid. for all of us old-farts) 189,650 miles. I use 10-30 Motorcraft Semi-Synthetic Oil.

Motorcraft # FL1HP
Fram # XG8A
Bosch # 3500

BTW... Bosch and Purolator are the same company. My choice whenever possible.

Last edited:
What about using a L39001 PB/PUROLATOR filter, I do use this vehicle to pull a heavy cargo trailer. The parts house has that in stock but can get me a Motorcraft FL1HP tomorrow.
I have always used the Motorcraft filter on it except for the last oil change.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Stay with what's worked prior. That particular Motorcraft is a good, workhorse filter.

Triple_Se7en,
I am going to use the FL1-HP Motorcraft, it's worked good for me for over 180,000 plus miles. Why change now. I figure it doesn't burn any oil (it drips more than it burns) I have driven it 4600 miles since I last changed the oil and not had to add any. My mechanic says to change it every 5500 miles with the semi-synthetic oil. I usually change it at about 4000 or 4500 miles. I have been doing that since i have owned the truck. The dealer has been putting semi-synthetic in it as far back as I can remember. At least the last 10 years.

The only reason it has the Napa filter on it is I was in Nevada when it needed to have the oil changed, so the shop that changed the oil didn't have a FL1-HP in-stock.

Thanks for the info guys.
If We Can't Haul It...You Don't Need It ! Motor-T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back