What is a good dino semi blend rear diff oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think would be a good dino semi-syn rear diff oil to use in an 88 Ford Bronco II 2WD? I don't want to use synthetic because of the age of the vehicle. I've heard that older differential seals don't like synthetic to much. Or do you think it would be okay to use a syn? It only has 47k on it.

Delo gear oil is an awesome gear oil if you can get it it is a gpII+ with a borate additive package it is a long life oil and the price is comparable with other petro oils. Schaeffers would be a real good choice ,it may cost a little more I'm not sure of the price though,check with our sponser but it is top of the line killer strong oil.

Castrol makes a synthtic blend that is available at AutoZone. It was OK for me. But now I just 'blend' my own by mixing some RL 75w-90 full synthetic with 80w-90 dino. This is a bit thicker for my Tacoma and seems to be just fine for 10K diff. oil changes.

quote:

Originally posted by par:
This is a bit thicker for my Tacoma and seems to be just fine for 10K diff. oil changes.

The differentials on Toyotas must have some sort of problem if they need 10K mile changes with syn blend. My 1990 Silvarado 4x4 never had the diff fluid changed one single time in the 220K I put on the vehicle. Never had any problems either. Go figure.

quote:

Originally posted by vicmackey:
The differentials on Toyotas must have some sort of problem if they need 10K mile changes with syn blend. My 1990 Silvarado 4x4 never had the diff fluid changed one single time in the 220K I put on the vehicle. Never had any problems either. Go figure.

lol.gif
Toyota doesn't require 10K mile diff oil changes, nor are their diffs defective. Some people are just way more anal about that item of maintenence than others are.

Some people also use their 4x4 the way they were intended, i.e. getting the differential flooded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back