What happened to the (Google) Search Box ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jakegday
doesnt every web browser available today come with an option to have a search bar up on top, in the browser??

It does, but you still need to tell it that you want to search within a specific site and not the whole WWW. Unless you install a plugin like the one linked above.

oh, so before, instead of going to google, and doing the whole "site:bobistheoilguy.com" thing, we were able to just type in our search in that search bar on this site? (i never used it...)

Last edited:
$15K. EEEEeeeeek! Google makes enough $$ on everything else, charging so much for searching is silly as THAT is Google's backbone service.

Screw 'em. Go to www.bing.com and search BITOG with the same "site:bobistheoilguy.com" string.

How much does Microsoft charge for a Bing search box? Can't be $15K....

I was just searching BITOG with "gmc yukon hybrid"+towing and one result was "Best outboard you ever owned?". My previous employers (USN) might have responded "[censored]?".

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
Originally Posted By: wwillson
Last year our cost for Google custom search was $100. This year the cost was going up to $15,000, which we obviously can't afford.

Wayne

seriously? 15k bucks? how does it go from $100 to $15k? we must have been using that search box like a maniac.

Yes, about 1,000 searches/day.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back