What filter would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A filter with thinner media but more pleats or a filter with thicker media but less pleats? Assume you dont know any filtering micron data. Just using your visual sense.

From what I've read on this board, more pleats are better. You also want to look for uniform pleats that are straight and not stuck together.
twocents.gif

If it's made by the same manufacturer and one is a top of the line and the other is something less, the one with the thicker media.

Say you had 2 filters made by the same company and the ONLY difference was the media, both same material but one had 25 pleats with thicker media and the other had 50 pleats with the same media but 1/2 the thickness of the first. Which would you choose???

Quote:

Say you had 2 filters made by the same company and the ONLY difference was the media, both same material but one had 25 pleats with thicker media and the other had 50 pleats with the same media but 1/2 the thickness of the first. Which would you choose???

Depends on what it's half of. Half of 1/8 inch is 1/16 inch and thats a good thickness. Half of 1/16 inch is 1/32, then it starts to get thinner.
fruit.gif

Quote:

It's all about surface area; I'd take the one with 50 pleats and 1/2 the thickness.
grin.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Depends on what it's half of. Half of 1/8 inch is 1/16 inch and thats a good thickness. Half of 1/16 inch is 1/32, then it starts to get thinner.
fruit.gif

Fair enough, say its the 1/16th inch thickness which is good for you, then which one would you choose?

Are they both the same color?

That is how I usually make up my mind if things are "almost" equal but no beneifit can be discerned by either one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back