What are you listening to right now?

Today was toggling between Pomplamoose, Earth Wind and Fire, Claudja Barry (Boogie Oogie Woogie dancing shoes) and then back to Metallica (staple).

I quite like Jeff Beck's playing on Rod Stewart's cover of People Get Ready. Here's the original from The Impressions.

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
Didn't know there were many April Wine fans in the 'States. They used to play our High School dances.

Yep, April Wine is underrated, used to listen to them a lot!

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Turk,
never seen those before, thanks.

Shannow, have you heard of April Wine before?

Here's a few more live versions of Canadian rockers: Albeit a little different...
wink.gif

Look at all those people!!
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: Turk
Didn't know there were many April Wine fans in the 'States. They used to play our High School dances.

Yep, April Wine is underrated, used to listen to them a lot!

I still listen to them a lot. Most of the modern music doesn't appeal to me. Anyway, a little more April Wine.

I love Rush, but this has to be the worst video ever. What's up with the poster hanging behind them that says Rush Fly by Night?

I listen to Buddy and his wife Julie pretty much every week. Maybe you should too?

Buddy Miller "That's how I got to Memphis"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPTZHMUGk-o

Buddy and Julie Miller "Gasoline and Matches"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe-Tvbyh-y0

Julie Miller "Face Of Appalachia" (studio)

Face Of Appalachia

NO need to tell ME about them!!
I thought I was their ONLY fan on here, and yes, I LOVE his cover of "That's How I Got To Memphis", especially his soulful voice, and exemplary baritone Wandre guitar work on it.

When we hosted John Sebastian (who co-wrote "Face Of Appalachia" with the late Lowell George of Little Feat fame) at our concert series, I was playing her version of this song out in the parking lot when he pulled up, and he came over and said, "Hey I wrote that", but he did not know about Julie's cover of it.
He DID like it though.
thumbsup2.gif

Sadly I never got to see her perform live, and now probably never will, since she has chronic, acute fibromyalgia, and is not able to tour anymore.
frown.gif

Back