What are you eating right now?

20230717_181131.jpg

Very true. I agree with you and respect your thoughts on my eating lol. I know my eating habits aren’t great. The way I was raised is basically with my dad working night shift except on weekends. My mom would feed me anything that could be fixed with a microwave mostly chicken nuggets and Kid Cuisine meals that’s what she would eat too. She cooks all day at work so doesn’t ever want to make anything at home. I wish I had been a little differently raised in that aspect. On the weekends we would go places to eat. It was rare for her to make something at home and if she did she got mad and it would turn out disastrous because she didn’t want to do it. I’m not saying it’s her fault because I know the feeling of being worn out after a long day at work but I wish something healthier could have been provided. She is like me and hates driving so we would never go anywhere they would load the freezer once a week and that was what we had after my dad left for work. He would get something on his way in.
By the time people are adults they are supposed to have developed a good sense of agency. Agency is what gives people control over their lives where control is possible and to act in a responsible and beneficial manner. Having agency means having self-determination and freedom from the burden of making excuses. Google self-agency or personal agency and do some reading because this is very important.

By the time people are adults they are supposed to have developed a good sense of agency. Agency is what gives people control over their lives where control is possible and to act in a responsible and beneficial manner. Having agency means having self-determination and freedom from the burden of making excuses. Google self-agency or personal agency and do some reading because this is very important.
You mean grown ass man.

Is taste any different?
Taste alone - tastes like a potato. Supposedly more anti-oxidants and more fiber and less free sugars.

BUT.......................................................

Thing is, this variety looks - well other than being purple - just like most "boiling" potatoes. I don't know, just what we call them, west coast USA, two kinds of potato vernacular I grew up with - "baking potato" (Idaho spud, large, thick skin, more mealy, good, better storage) and "boiling potato" (smaller, creamy, usually red skin white flesh, yellow skin and flesh, hard to store for long home grown)

So these purple potatoes - they look like a boiling potato, but inside is just like a baking potato, maybe even more dry, not too dry just not at all creamy. They roast up fine, but don't make great mashed potatoes. We kinda battled this the first few times we both cooked them.

All that BS aside, WOW were those crisps good! Cut with a paring knife (next time use the mandolin), then soaked and rinsed and dried. I barely used any olive oil. No salt and into the preheated air fryer for 3-4 minutes full HIGH. The flavor 100% popped out like the freshest tastiest potato chip in my life and I never added any sodium chloride.

Back