Onions back at Costco for hot dogs

We don’t have Costco but Sam’s Club has always had the onions and relish this way. They can keep the onions for me though lol. Don’t like the taste or smell. Chili and relish is all I need on a hotdog or if it’s grilled I need nothing but a trash can lol.

I just got home from a visit to the nearby Costco, and made a point to look for the chopped onions at the food court. Sure enough, they had them in containers just like you show, in a tub on counter where you pick up the order.

@Chris142, you don't remember the onion dispenser machines that Costco used to have at the condiment table? A stainless steel box filled with chopped onions. Turn the crank on the right side, and onions came out of the left side. With a little practice, someone could do a perfect of putting onions on their dog.

Went to Costco this afternoon. On the ground report is the Tracy Costco does NOT have onions. No onions, no dispenser for them.

Smelled like they had a pizza oven fire too. The first self serve order kiosk I used told me to wait for a cashier; never got a receipt. good thin the transaction was able to be cancelled. :rolleyes:

They also did not have ice. Flat or 99% seltzer beverage is bad enough but it's wretched swill without ice.

There was a lot of kiddie complaints about no frozen strawberry swirl thingies either. Looked like soft serve in a clear cup.

Back when I was working, they had a hamburger and hotdog grill out twice per year.
They had all the condiments...except onions! I pretty much refuse to eat a hamburger without a slice of onion.

I cut a few slices of onion, and took them to the cookout in Zip-Lock bags.
People would ask where I got onions? I reached in my pocket and pulled out the onions.
Just told them I always carry onions in my pocket. :)

No onion dispensers at the Coeur d'Alene, ID Costco today, but they did have onions in little tubs at the register. No chili there either. Boo!

update: i think they may have taken the onions away . i went to 3 different Costcos these last couple of weeks . asked for onions and told no all three times.

i wonder if it was too much trouble and the employees complained

I’m not really a fan of Costco food. It’s cheap, but at least east coast, mid-Atlantic, you can do soooo much better on hot dogs and pizza just about anywhere.

That said they are a cheap snack in a pinch. The onions were one of the best parts. I had looked for the dispenser yesterday… no dice.

I was in Costco on Monday battery shopping.
Had a dog for lunch.
There was an ample supply of onions in little condiment cups on the counter.

I really don't get this whole Costco thing. Never been in one, have been to Sam's. What is so darn great about this store, and it's food court? Churros this, cookie that, pizza and hot dogs. Why is this a thing, and how is it always in the news?

Back