What age were you when you got married?

my theory of marriages that are based off sexual hypergamy are at a much higher risk of divorce.
I believe that is true. Hypergamy may be a powerful motivation for some woman and a temporary benefit to the man but I think hypergamy sets quickly and makes a poor long lasting cement for a relationship. The got-to-be better thing is always just over the horizon. Maybe like the next year's shiny car on the showroom floor.

A friend lost his wife two years ago due to illness. He met a Russian girl 30 years younger than him online. He's 57, she's 27. They have met twice in person. Once for a week in St, Petersburg and once for a couple of weeks in Greece. He has already packed his bags and can't wait to go to Russia to get married this August. He wants to live there. She said she'll marry him but only if he moves. I told him the FSB had him already under scrutiny but there's no talking to him. He's so in love the current political climate in Russia is a mere blip on his radar. If he gets married he'll be selling his house and move to St Petersburg permanently. His Russian is about as good as my Chinese, which is to say non-existent. His daughter lives already on her own and he plans on visiting her for a month every year. He wanted to invite me to the wedding. I said the après-wedding party in the gulag had me worried. He's not worried about anything, sitting firmly on cloud 9. What could go wrong? I could have set him up with a local Russian lady. Tatiana has excellent taste in Italian clothing and she gets a 9 out of 10 Fresh Rating. The guy is doomed.

A friend lost his wife two years ago due to illness. He met a Russian girl 30 years younger than him online. He's 57, she's 27. They have met twice in person. Once for a week in St, Petersburg and once for a couple of weeks in Greece. He has already packed his bags and can't wait to go to Russia to get married this August. He wants to live there. She said she'll marry him but only if he moves. I told him the FSB had him already under scrutiny but there's no talking to him. He's so in love the current political climate in Russia is a mere blip on his radar. If he gets married he'll be selling his house and move to St Petersburg permanently. His Russian is about as good as my Chinese, which is to say non-existent. His daughter lives already on her own and he plans on visiting her for a month every year. He wanted to invite me to the wedding. I said the après-wedding party in the gulag had me worried. He's not worried about anything, sitting firmly on cloud 9. What could go wrong? I could have set him up with a local Russian lady. Tatiana has excellent taste in Italian clothing and she gets a 9 out of 10 Fresh Rating. The guy is doomed.
Obviously as a bystander it sounds like a recipe for disaster. In that men’s group I mentioned one guy had a young girl (daughter) at the bar. I asked another guy who’s that? Was told he married a woman from Poland who once she got her citizenship left the man and daughter. So he has no one to watch her so he brought her (I should say restaurant bar). Another gentleman had a Brazilian wife who tried to stab him. I’m thinking dang what is going on.

In the 90s I befriended a few women from Russia and they were very nice as often the husbands can be abusive and drunk and womanizers (stereotype yes). So they are welcoming to those who treat them well. I always got a kick out of kissing 3x on the cheeks. One time I did that to a coworker at a conference and she said, “Once is enough!” 😂

Did he click on those "hot milfs in your area ready to meet" ads? I had a coworker at my previous jobs that really fell into those Filipino cam worker things, sent her tens of thousands of dollars while complaining about rent and had no car. On the plus side he actually got to meet her for a week.

Did he click on those "hot milfs in your area ready to meet" ads? I had a coworker at my previous jobs that really fell into those Filipino cam worker things, sent her tens of thousands of dollars while complaining about rent and had no car. On the plus side he actually got to meet her for a week.
I joke with my buddies my ideal woman is a total geek with a doctorate from U Chicago doing quant analysis. I laugh at the thought of there being a dating website that caters to that

• Haha
Reactions: Pew
Naw, he got to know here through some Russian friends he knows from work. I'm convinced they are all FSB. 🤣 He says he hasn't given her any money and she herself paid for her trip to Greece where they met. He says she has money. I have seen pictures. She does look good in a bikini and out of it. I mean in regular clothes.

• Haha
Reactions: Pew
Many Russian ladies are very nice people.
Lets not judge them too harshly guys.
It's more about a 57-year-old jumping ship to Russia, abandoning his career and current life for a 27-year-old he's met twice in person. If I were to "elope" I'd pick Switzerland, New Zealand, or South Africa.

My buddy Bill got catfished online and sent $3k to the scammer who was posing as a hot young model. We tried to warn him. He was going through a divorce and was in a bad spot. Bill is about 400 lbs with fairly bad hygiene and a pretty menial income. Up to that point he had never dated an attractive woman. He lost his $$ but he did eventually re-marry. Not to a model though!

After 10 years it may be time for me to get hitched again before I lose my good looks and remaining mental faculties. Too late, you say? I don't want to sit there just with my cats in old age.

That picture came from some wiley.com website and has survey'd only ~25,000 people in the USA.
How many are they supposed to survey? 25,000 people who are, or have been involved in interracial marriages is a pretty sizeable amount. Gallup and Rasmussen often survey less than 2,000, and they come up with very accurate polls.

25,000 is certainly more than enough to acquire an accurate number for this purpose. And we live in the USA. Why would you expect them to survey people from anywhere else? It's irrelevant in this country, what happens to interracial marriages in other cultures and nations. Apples and oranges.

You wouldn't poll Muslims in Saudi Arabia to ask them what pork sausage they prefer. Don't attack the messenger because you don't agree with the message.

Last edited:
It's more about a 57-year-old jumping ship to Russia, abandoning his career and current life for a 27-year-old he's met twice in person. If I were to "elope" I'd pick Switzerland, New Zealand, or South Africa.
It's hard to believe what some women can make an otherwise halfway sensible male do, once they manage to sink their hooks into them. Many of these women get used to men slobbering all over them 24/7. Most have absolutely nothing to offer but their looks..... Coupled to a train full of misery.

Just ask the guy who chases after, and marries the proverbial stripper...... Because he actually believes he can make an "honest woman" out of her. That's like trying to lap Monza drunk in a Formula 1 car..... Then wonder why you wrecked.

28 the first time. 53 the second time. Currently at 18+ years. Had about 11 years of second singledom between the two.

I was 59. But we've been together for +20 years. Just never felt the need to get married until four years ago. While we always looked out for each other (financially and otherwise), unmarried co-habitation in CA has real negative outcomes should one person happens to get dead.

Back