Welcome to Steelers vs. Bills at Highmark Stadium

The actual radar storm track, note it varies quite a bit:

I think this is a Tues game...
GD1GbiZWkAINpf-

Reactions: JTK
If anyone outside the area has ever been to a Bills game you'll know it's one of the premier tailgating NFL locales. The issue isn't the field conditions and I'd put the 2017 Colts vs. Bills game up against any (Mud) Bowl game. The issue is the traffic. It's a relatively open semi-rural area with intentionally little located nearby save for a Mobil station, minimart, a few bar restaurants and some residential neighborhoods that will let you park on their lawns for $XX. There is one major state highway, the Rte 219, that connects to the I90 linking to basically 2 four lane roads and it can get jammed up easily and tractor trailers seem great at jackknifing in the area. It's not the field conditions, it's the logistics of getting 60-75K people in and out safely without having them stuck in their cars all night or freezing to death. Bills beat the Colts 2017:

Full game:

Well that makes sense…

Having only driven in severe snow squall one time where viability was down to literally 100 feet in front of me… Which is basically zero visibility. Only time I was spooked bad driving in the snow. I love driving in the snow quite honestly.

That happens ROUTINELY in the lake effect snow band area in that region… You go from sunny skies to seeing dark thunderhead looking clouds in the distance to cloudy… to snow… to blinding snow with viability at zero on less than a mile or mile and a half or maybe 2 miles if you are lucky. Snow rates reaching 3-6 inches fall in one hour near those Great Lakes.

I’m glad the NWS offices now puts out snow squall warnings… Those happen south and east of the lakes and even as far south as my area on rare occasions. The extreme snow squall I drove in was on Rte 17 south of Tappahanock here in Virginia in 2011. By far the heaviest snow I have ever driven in. Other times visibility was 1/4 mile which is 1320 feet… That great visibility compared to around 100 feet… At 100 feet you can’t see anything and it was truly spooky.

You guys got “thumped” bad. So much for Flacco and that “great defense”

Maybe next year
You are right. I was shocked how bad they got beat.. The defense let us down once again...I really dont blame it on Flacco.. The defense was giving up big plays in the first half when the Browns could have had a big lead...O well there is the line...there is always next year....

Back