Weird off brand cars.

Just thinking out loud.

I used to think bmw,jag and Benz were odd. Today I am working on an Alfa Romeo. Honestly I had no clue that brand was still a thing.

Do people wake up and say that they are going to go buy an Alfa Romeo today? I don't even know where I would buy a new one. I guess there may be a dealer in Beverly hills lol.

What happens when a weird off brand cars breaks down in road narrows Montana? No AutoZone is going to have parts for it. You end up in a Kia rental for weeks waiting on parts?

Then no shops want to work on it so you end up at a very expensive specialty shop or a stealer if you can find one.

Seriously I didn't know alfa Romeo was still in business.

Attachments

• IMG_20240103_113924150.jpg
    IMG_20240103_113924150.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20240103-115752.jpg
    Screenshot_20240103-115752.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 53
There's a few Giulia and Stelvios around me but not much. Their dealership network is very sparce but there are a bunch of dealers around me that sell higher end Euro cars.

And I'm not shocked at all where the Alfa dealers are in my area.... Chicagoland, St. Louis, Indy, Louisville, Milwaukee...

Only in the biggest cities.

Last edited:
Today I went to the John Deere dealer to pick up some fuel filters, I was putting the hammer down on the minivan yet I was passed up by a Fisker Ocean. It looks expensive and not much bigger then a Ford Escape. Maybe he was angry for paying so much for so little.

I think the people who would purchase Alfa Romeo have been to Italy or can remember the brand from 1960's and saw them as something not boring and sort of sexy. So many buy cars with an emotional reason, practicality doesn't enter their decision process.

ME on the other hand would be saying: ARE YOU CRAZY ??

Just thinking out loud.

I used to think bmw,jag and Benz were odd. Today I am working on an Alfa Romeo. Honestly I had no clue that brand was still a thing.

Do people wake up and say that they are going to go buy an Alfa Romeo today? I don't even know where I would buy a new one. I guess there may be a dealer in Beverly hills lol.

What happens when a weird off brand cars breaks down in road narrows Montana? No AutoZone is going to have parts for it. You end up in a Kia rental for weeks waiting on parts?

Then no shops want to work on it so you end up at a very expensive specialty shop or a stealer if you can find one.

Part of stellantis, so stellantis dealers should be able to get parts

Just thinking out loud.

Every other car here is a BMW, merc or VW. I see maybe 1 USA car a week, usually a RAM truck (oh and some smaller fords, not sure they count as US car: fiesta, puma, odd kuga). Toyotas are rare too since the dealer stopped

yeah, they were a part of Fiat, then Fiat Chrysler, which is now Stellantis...
the Dodge Dart they made for a few years, was Largely a derivative of the Alfa Romeo Guilietta ( And Sold as a Fiat in some Markets )
They really only Re-entered the US market in the last 5-10 years... officially in 2008, they had a limited Run of 8C Competizione's Imported and Sold by Chrysler, but not in earnest until 2014 with the 4C..
Alfa and Fiat have basically been add on brands for local Dodge Dealers since the Fiat Merger.

The new Doge Hornet CUV is Really just a badge engineered Alfa Romeo Tonale, they're even built on the same line in Italy.
so ...parts might not be as hard to find as you might think...they might be at your local Dodge dealer.

Back