weed eater feather lite brand products are junk.

Echo for me starts easy, never any problems, I wonder if beanoil bought his Echo from Home Depot?
Wouldn't matter if he bought it at HD. I've bought them from HD and Echo dealerships. All have performed without a flaw for years. Only one carb replacement on the Shred 'N Vac in almost 15 years of a lot of use of all machines.

Last edited:
Echo for me starts easy, never any problems, I wonder if beanoil bought his Echo from Home Depot?
I doubt that Echo would change or alter a production line depending on where the product will be sold. People spread the same disinformation about Toro equipment as well. Just doesn't make good business sense.

Were Echo products lesser quality back in 2007? I'm glad they are better now, as I recently bought my first Echo (blower) earlier this year and it has been solid.

As @Slick3914 mentioned, Weedeater products have been junk since day 1. It's too bad the brand has been genericized and many people refer to quality trimmers as "weedeaters." Personally, I prefer to call them weed whips, weed whackers, string trimmers - anything but weedeaters!

Last edited:
I doubt that Echo would change or alter a production line depending on where the product will be sold. People spread the same disinformation about Toro equipment as well. Just doesn't make good business sense.

I am just asking a question as to where this Echo product was bought. I know for a fact that Home Depot will not work on Echo stuff, for me it makes sense to buy it from a dealer who is obviously going to be doing any warranty work, or to get parts. I am just wondering how Toro even got mentioned by you. Sorry if my post rubbed you the wrong way.

24 years now on my Echo 21cc blower. Still runs perfectly, original pull cord. It is now tasked with PA leaf cleanup. So it gets a real workout.

Weed Eater products have been junk since day 1.
Not sure who bumped this thread from 2007, but this is exactly right.

They are a bottom of the barrel cheap brand. I see it constantly with customers, they buy the $99 trimmer or chainsaw and don't understand why it falls apart after 4 years. Then complain about "stuff is made so cheap these days".

Back