Black Max Synthetic 2-Cycle Need Feedback Pls

Question for the oil pros:
For my very old Eager Beaver Weed Wacker and Eager Beaver Leaf Blower with 'McCulloch engines' I have religiously been using and blending Walmarts TC-W3 (ashless) to 40:1
Yesterday I go in to purchase more TC-W3 and I see this Black Max synthetic blend on 'clearance-sale'.
Never used it, never seen it before and it appears the bottle is sunken-in like it's been sitting for a long time.
Also, no JASO etc rating.
I called the 1800 # and the rep tells me "the oil doesn't have a shelf life"... I question that.
Use it or return it... I don't want to damage my old-trusty Eager Beaver/McCulloch 40:1 engines... thanks for your feedback!

two stroke.jpg

thumbnail_20240319_140020.jpg

When I click on the SDS for this oil I get an SDS of Redmax, use the oil and post back. You have been using Walmart TC-W3 that has been working great for you, and you buy another 2 stroke oil.

I have a 2 stroke oil that has been working great since 1997, or is it 1998, I would not go 2 a different oil.

Good Luck!

Use it. There's a ton of this stuff under hundreds of labels floating around. Spectrum Corporation probably makes the stuff and bottles it for a few dozen companies under some pretty cheezy names. Two bucks for a pint of leaf blower oil is a good bargain. I wouldn't use it in your moto GP bike but for a Saturday mow and blow you'll be looking good.

Back