Weapon Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: kschachn
Wow this thread is worse than a thick/thin argument in the oil sections.

You remind me of my neighbor who gets together on Saturday with his buddies and they argue about who has the biggest mirrors on their pickup.
Funny thing, I'm just observing how various products perform. This other guy is getting all redfaced calling people names defending his use of something.

That said...is truck mirror size a "thing"? I've always had sports cars until recently when I bought a little CUV because distance from work + need AWD/ground clearance for snow + want to haul stuff and people.

@billt460 .I used to respect your knowledge but no more. You have taken "I'm right, your wrong" to a new level..sadly

Originally Posted By: billt460

I find it very interesting how you hate something that you're so admittedly ignorant of any experience of. There is more to this than you're letting on. The fact thay you attack other people the way you do over it is interesting for sure, while spouting your own "it just works" about another product...

I don't always call out a shill...but when I do....these are the clues...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: Ws6
Is this your typical MO on this board?

Only when I have to wade through all the total bull$h!t from guys like you who don't make sense.

You wouldn't know. You have zip for real world experience regarding the product at hand. You're just shilling for weaponshield and angry at how popular fireclean of all things is, is what it looks like to me. [censored], I don't even use it anymore, and you're hung up on the fact that I once did.

What happened to my posts in this thread about my experience using Shield and RemOil - and Ws6s' response?

Something fishy going on here, as they were deleted ... for what reason?
21.gif

Frankly this thread is embarrassing, and beneath the level I've come to expect on BITOG.

I've seen threads that were a whole lot more interesting and informative be deleted (eg. my "Handgun Carry in Church" thread).

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Frankly this thread is embarrassing, and beneath the level I've come to expect on BITOG.

I've seen threads that were a whole lot more interesting and informative be deleted (eg. my "Handgun Carry in Church" thread).

Probably because there are legal implications with carrying a handgun in church, but shilling for products and discrediting products you've never been in the same room with isn't so much a concern.

I've seen threads that were a whole lot more interesting and informative be deleted.

Fully agree! The mods must be sleeping.

Tom NJ

Probably because there are legal implications with carrying a handgun in church, but shilling for products and discrediting products you've never been in the same room with isn't so much a concern.

Did someone cry to a moderator because I mentioned the products Shield and RemOil? If so, wow ...
crazy.gif
And even so, why would they delete the posts. Very strange IMO.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Did someone cry to a moderator because I mentioned the products Shield and RemOil? If so, wow ...
crazy.gif
And even so, why would they delete the posts. Very strange IMO.

No idea. I think Rem oil is cheap trash except for use on door locks, but if you like it and say it has done well for you, I'd never whine to someone over it, or call you a liar about your own experiences.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Chlorinated (paraffins?) would not be anti-corrosive in the presence of h0h. This junk was in many of the snake engine oils of the 80s and 90s. Cold weapon brought into a warm, humid room = water condensate all over the machine.

Wrapping up some corrosion testing, and indeed H20 fared very poorly at corroding a weapon shield treated sample. In fact, Weapon shield did very well with saltwater in the test I just performed, compared to SLIP EWL.

I shot about 80 rounds today, a mix of Wolf, Tula, MK262 (IMI), and SOCOM Browntip over-run, and used SLIP 2000 EWL. The weapon may or may not have felt any smoother afterwards than with Weaponshield, my hands aren't calibrated that well...

I did note, however, that clean-up was VERY easy compared to Weaponshield. I was able to clean the entire rifle (minus bore and chamber) with a dry microfiber rag with relative ease (all but the bolt-tail wiped clean).

With the Weaponshield, to clean the walls of the inside of the upper, I had to wet the microfiber with WS, and then rub it down, same with the firing-pin. Over-all, I am pleased with SLIP 2000 EWL, and will likely continue to use it. Pat Rogers has shown that it won't cause wear problems in the M4 platform, and it makes clean-up easy, and is also non-toxic.

Basically, I feel like it gives me 8-9/10 of what FIREClean did, but without the chance of it going rancid and gumming up.

Thanks for the update. I'd be interested in a follow up if you get the chance to completely torture it, similar to what happened to the LPX in your earlier post. Pics or it didn't happen.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: 90crvtec
Thanks for the update. I'd be interested in a follow up if you get the chance to completely torture it, similar to what happened to the LPX in your earlier post. Pics or it didn't happen.
wink.gif

I'll see how things shape up this year. I usually do 1-2 courses a year, and this year I'm thinking of another Southnarc class, ECQB. THis last year was Frank Proctor Pistol, and VTAC Nightfighter. I only did the NF class because they are such a PITA to get into, and not cheap (nor was the ammo, hence Wolf, lol!).

Barrel is still accurate though, regardless of only using CLP and a few passes of a boresnake, and thousands of rounds of bi-metal jacketed ammo. Here is my best group of the morning, using some over-run SOCOM "Browntip" stuff I had laying around (It's super dirty, so I figured it would be a good test for the SLIP).

169exqb.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back