Washer fluid is the blue cap son !!!

My neighbor put Prestone RV antifreeze in his washer fluid in his CTS-V wagon a few yrs back. He was complaining to me how the prestone washer fluid was staining his roof on the wagon. I looked at the bottle and saw it was the rv-antifreeze. More money than brains I guess. The label said what it was but he thought it was just a different color washer fluid.

I could see a version of this happening on some vehicles where the Coolant reservoir/overflow and Washer caps are just generic snap on style..
for example the 2020 ram looks pretty similar.

but into the oil? I mean that's almost like your kid is mad at you.

My neighbor put Prestone RV antifreeze in his washer fluid in his CTS-V wagon a few yrs back. He was complaining to me how the prestone washer fluid was staining his roof on the wagon. I looked at the bottle and saw it was the rv-antifreeze. More money than brains I guess. The label said what it was but he thought it was just a different color washer fluid.
Comes in the same shape bottle, must be ok to use, right?

My father put windshield washer fluid into the coolant reservoir of his 2013 Grand Cherokee. He just wasn't paying attention until it was too late and he already poured it in. To be fair, the coolant and windshield washer caps did look similar in that Jeep. Luckily I was able to drain the coolant reservoir before he ran it.

My father put windshield washer fluid into the coolant reservoir of his 2013 Grand Cherokee. He just wasn't paying attention until it was too late and he already poured it in. To be fair, the coolant and windshield washer caps did look similar in that Jeep. Luckily I was able to drain the coolant reservoir before he ran it.

Nothing would have happened anyway

Not kid's fault, if he was shown around engine compartment and practiced refilling the fluid a few times there would be no expensive live drama show.

Back