Want a made in the USA TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: PandaBear
No thanks. I've seen enough Element failure that I'd trust a Chinese made Korean / Japanese brand over this.

This coming from... "PandaBear" = Chinese.
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: 91344George
Originally Posted By: PandaBear
No thanks. I've seen enough Element failure that I'd trust a Chinese made Korean / Japanese brand over this.

This coming from... "PandaBear" = Chinese.
smirk.gif

Who bought a Made in USA RCA (rebadge Mitsubishi) TV 16 years ago and still used it until it died 3 years ago.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
I would bet that the LCD panel is foreign along with most/all of the electronics. Plastic housing may be sourced locally.

Maybe dave87rs can slip over to Canton and talk to some employees.

I'll meet you at the bridge, dave, and we'll go together.....
11.gif

Sure! We'd have to wait a month though....

Originally Posted By: dparm
Whose panels are they using? That's the important part, and I bet you that big piece of the TV is not from the US.

Its a start, right now NO parts are made here.

Reminds me of an episode of King of the Hill. Hank is fixing his old TV set and Bobby asks, "Why don't you just buy a new TV?"
Hank: "Well I wish it were that simple son. The terrible truth is that America, the best country in the history of the world, no longer makes television sets. If I let this one fall apart, I let a piece of America die."
Bobby: "Well, couldn't we just get a Japanese one?"
Hank: "Bobby, go to your room!"

We do still have a MAGNAVOX tv from like 1994 that still works beautifully- and it was made in greenville. FWIW all of the Samsung TVs we have bought say "Made in Mexico" on them, not china.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
I never saw an RCA that was a rebadged Mitsubishi. What model was that PB ?

I forgot, it was one of the cheaper ones that Good Guys sold back in 1995. It was a 32" CRT that has a very round tube.

Actually I got it mixed up. It was a Mitsubishi that's made by RCA, not an RCA made by Mitsubishi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back