Walmart Supertech filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know that the Walmart at Square One carried those filters! Awesome! How much are they there? I just bought a couple of Premium Plus filters this weekend from Home Hardware, but it doesn't appear like they replenish their stock, and I got the last two filters in the sizes I want for my two cars.

There is a UAP store not too far from me, in Brampton. I've bought a few things from them in the past. I am not sure on the Wix Gold filters though, I have heard they aren't any better than the regular Wix filters, which I believe are pretty much the same as the AC Delcos anyways, since the CDN AC Delcos are made by Dana in Cambridge (same maker as Wix)

If you're looking for another source for AC Delco stuff, check out the CDN AC Delco website (which I think is www.acdelco.ca) and do a search for local dealers. Their price on filters will be higher than Walmart though. Even the GM dealers are too pricey, the same filter that is $3 at Walmart is $11 at the dealer!
Hey,

Thanks for the info Patman. I'll look into that. I hate having to drive to either Toronto or NY for Purolator filters
mad.gif

The PureOne filters are roughly $11CAN including taxes. At least that's what the guy was charging me for an Acura Integra. So, it's very cheap and a great alternative to Formula 1 filters. When you go to the Auto dept., you have to see a guy behind a counter (not the one that tends the mechanic shop). This guy apparently owns a subsidiary store within WalMart in order to sell special items (like Purolator). I'm not sure if he sells AMSOIL products though. He is open until 8PM every night.

As for Wix, I believe the Gold filters carry a more special filter or something like that. Probably not worth the extra cost since a good company makes them anyway.

Regards,

Oz

Originally posted by The_Oz:
[QB]Patman,

It's very easy to pick out the Formula 1 filters as Fram since it carries an almost identical part number to its regular filter line-up

A reasonable conclusion, but not necessarily true. The WM SuperTechs here also use the "slightly modified" p/n system as the Frams(most w/ same #, different prefix), yet the filters & box(last time I looked, ~ 6 wks ago) both say "made by Champion Labs". Same w/O'Reilly's Auto Parts chain house brand, definitely not Frams, though I'm not sure they're made by Champ.

The Canadian Formula 1 filters may very well be made by Fram, but their p/n system isn't a reliable indicator.

The Formula 1 filters are Fram Toughguards rebadged, I confirmed this with an email to Fram.

One of these days Fram is going to blow us all away by getting rid of the cardboard endcaps and putting in a real bypass valve, and we're gonna have nobody to pick on anymore!
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back