Walmart Quaker-State-Ultimate-Protection

Shows $23.98 if purchased online here, which is usually the lowest price. Or do they do in store clearance pricing differently?

if the price is lower on the web, do a pick up order. yes walmart price matches walmart.com, but good luck finding an associate manager to apply said procedure.

If the price is lower in store, then go to the store.

I was in 2 different Walmarts over the past few days. The in store prices for the Quaker State 5 Quart jugs were significantly more expensive than the online prices. If you are interested in buying, you may wish to place your online Walmart order soon, just in case the Walmart online prices for Quaker State oils will be going up.

I was in 2 different Walmarts over the past few days. The in store prices for the Quaker State 5 Quart jugs were significantly more expensive than the online prices. If you are interested in buying, you may wish to place your online Walmart order soon, just in case the Walmart online prices for Quaker State oils will be going up.
Good thing I’m loaded!

Shows $23.98 if purchased online here, which is usually the lowest price. Or do they do in store clearance pricing differently?
Yes it's different. Clearance rarely if ever shows online just rollback. Probably store specific though, down here in the south everybody still hates Quaker State lol.

If no clearance sales available at a particular moment, then either buying Quaker State or SuperTech (whichever is cheaper for a 5 quart jug at that moment) is my strategy.

I just stopped in the store on the way home, here it’s $23.98 on line or in store. 🤷‍♂️

For now anyway, I will keep an eye on it.

Interesting that this QS 20k oil is "Warrantied for 300k" while the Pennzoil 20k is 500k.
I'm not aware of any Pennzoil synthetic that claims 20K OCIs? This is what makes me wonder why SOPUS claims 20K for their lower tiered product line (QS) but not for their premium line (Pennzoil)?
Having said this ....I consider QS an excellent product and probably just as good as it's Pennzoil cousins only priced cheaper due to less advertising.

I'm not aware of any Pennzoil synthetic that claims 20K OCIs? This is what makes me wonder why SOPUS claims 20K for their lower tiered product line (QS) but not for their premium line (Pennzoil)?
Having said this ....I consider QS an excellent product and probably just as good as it's Pennzoil cousins only priced cheaper due to less advertising.
I think we're onto something here. I mistakenly thought that PZ claimed mileage like QS but that's not what I see when I look it up on their website. Pennzoil is claiming 500k warranty & must be changed according to OEM. Quaker State is claiming only 300k warranty but advertises 20,000 mile ODI. I see the obvious trend here & It's not looking good for 20k oil changes (Less warranty mileage) :LOL:.

EDIT: On another thought process perhaps they want to sell more of the higher priced oil (people w/money) rather than running the cheaper stuff for longer.

Higher priced PZ= shorter run/longer warranty
Lower priced QS= longer runs/shorter warranty <---This makes sense for us penny pinchers (Low cost/Long runs). 😄

Last edited:
I'd go with its 99% marketing since virtually zero owners will have the vehicle that long. And you simply can't have the same warranty with your lower priced product, structure wise. Brand tier placement perception is everything.

My bet is we could run fleets of NY Taxicabs on Pennzoil and QS and there would be no real difference.

Reactions: pbm
Back