Waiting for our snow....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
We've been lucky for a while now, but it looks like southern MI is going to take a nice hit of snow tomorrow!

Still can't make up their minds of the amount...anywhere from 6-18 inches. Not really a huge shocker for most, but when you're seen like 3 inches at most all winter, this gives ya a nice reminder winter is still here..

Gotta work tomorrow, but it's it's a short trip there and back, so not too worried....just hate the artic blast behind it...
frown.gif

Depends where you are located in Southern Michigan. Near the Ohio border gets more.... northern suburbs get less. The good news?..... it's February 1st and the snow cover will not last 3-4 months like last winter. In another month, we should see grass again.

Yeah, I know...I was saying my goodbyes to the grass last night.
frown.gif

I'm north of 94, so I'm hoping it's not too crazy! Already have about 5 on the ground here now ....

Grand Rapids area here... it's been snowing steadily here since late last night, but it's a very fine snow and doesn't accumulate as fast. Granted, it's supposed to continue until tomorrow morning, so we'll probably still get some 10 inches by then.

We're still waiting for our snow here.

I took these two pics last winter about this time

I just went outside and took the same two pics.

Cleveland weather is just like the sports team. They never live up to the hype.......

Yep, we're gettin' it. Shoveled 3 times so far today. Originally it was supposed to miss me to the south, but it seems more like a direct hit. Lots of wind and fine powdery snow. 6-9" expected.

Last edited:
Got out to shovel the snow at 5:30 am. Some of the drifts I shoveled through must have been 18" deep. Other areas that were wind-blown were 4". Probably 12" snowfall on average. Subdivision hadn't been plowed when I left for work. The Camaro performed admirably on the Blizzaks. One of the county roads I take to work hadn't been plowed over a 5-mile segment, and was just two tire tracks in the middle. Oncoming traffic was a thrill. Had to squeeze over into unplowed snow and keep the tires churning to keep the car moving. Had probably 5 such encounters. That was enough excitement for the day.

Up over the dog's belly now and still coming down like gangbusters. Not supposed to stop until 1-2AM. At least it is powder again.

Got about 8" this morning and another 5" by the afternoon. It's all cleared off now, including the 3' high pile at the end of the driveway.

More snow forecast for Wednesday into Thursday. Hope it's not a lot.

Cleaning crew leaves the main roads packed with snow and ice and plows my alley right after I shoveled in front of my garage to leave me a wall of snow like a second garage door. Melt it, evaporate it, do something other than pushing it my way.

Be safe and careful in shoveling snow, take your time and take as much rest as possible.

I'm truly feel terrible for you guys who have too much snow to deal with yesterday and today. Especially when we have such nice weather in So Cal, sunny and mid 70F today and next 8-10 days. The only missing is rain, we need rain but we didn't have any the last 8-10 days and don't have any forecasted for the next 10 days.

If you guys can ship some extra snow down here will be great !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back