VW to integrate ChatGpt into vehicles by mid year.

I am assuming that you didn't miss the irony of quoting Einstein, given he spent most of his life after the 2 bombs were dropped on Japan wondering if he had made a huge mistake in advancing his ideas, given their ability to destroy the human race.
My point is, I am surprised at what appears to me to be an anti-science attitude.

To your point, humans have not been around all that long in the big scheme of things and just might destroy themselves one day, one way or another. Perhaps there is some future space kid in school somewhere looking at earthling remains saying, "Didn't these earthlings understand they were all on that little piece of stardust together?"

As far as we know, we are the only life forms that codify our thoughts and history. I'm not sure how much we learn from them.

"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries.”
Carl Sagan

Last edited:
Relevant article just popped up:

Summary:

Intel is launching a new system on a chip (SoC) at CES 2024, aimed at powering generative AI features in future vehicles. The company also announced a deal to acquire Silicon Mobility, a French company focused on improving the efficiency of electric and hybrid vehicles through streamlined energy management. Intel's SoCs will allow for AI capabilities, including monitoring both the driver and passenger, generative AI functionality, high-definition video conferencing, video games, and more.

These software-driven vehicles can be outfitted with new features via software updates rather than physical parts. Intel's chips will also help automakers reduce the number of electronic control units (ECUs) in their vehicles. The company's latest push coincides with the broader uptick in electric vehicle sales, ensuring a more personalized driving experience for drivers. However, the automotive industry is slow to adopt new technologies, as seen with GM's decision to drop Apple's CarPlay and Google's Android Auto in favor of its own infotainment system.

You are confusing things.

To be against collection of information from humans to use to sell them junk or other non DIRECT needs serving is NOT anti-science

Science!
I agree with his statement.
BMW has a better, more useful application which is not really AI "yet" but can be incorporated in the future.
AR, or augmented reality.

Back