Very disturbing news story

I don’t understand how a corpse in a car lets someone withdraw money from a bank account. The article leaves out some important information.

What you people never seen the "Weekend at Bernies" movies?

I think the DNA case out of Colorado is more disturbing. No telling of the number of convictions which could get throw out.

unless they killed him after extracting the pin for the ATM, and then found out he's too heavy to get out of the car.... But didn't read the story, it's a bit morbid to entertain me....

Last edited:
This was clearly a violation of the 'dead hand' legal principle.

Deadhand control refers to individuals controlling how their property will be used after their death through different mechanisms. Historically, deadhand control has been criticized and limited as wealthy individuals attempted to make their wealth carry on for many generations.

Hey, desperate times call for desperate measures. At least they didn't take him to the bar to celebrate after the withdrawal.

I think the headline is more shocking than the actual story though. Weird it is at the same time one of the woman is technically a common law wife (maybe) and might have panicked if unable to get money out in a timely fashion. I would encourage everyone commenting to read the whole story.

Im not saying this is normal but I first took the story as there was some criminal motive involved yet after reading the story seems more feasible before money gets locked up possibly in probate. Smells more of clickbait since we only find out at the end of the story this woman and man lived together for 7 or 8 years.

Unless they needed his fingerprint to withdraw money, what's the point of dragging his body around? Much easier to cut off a digit to use with the reader.

My in-laws deal with a local bank in their town. My mother in law writes out a note and gives it to my father in law to give to the teller. They know my father in law and love him and take good care of him. I've gone with him to the bank and seen. As soon as he walks in they yell hello to him and rush to take care of him. They go to the bank about 50 times a year, at least. Don't ask me why. I don't understand it. He was sick last month and he couldn't go to the bank so my mother in law went. They gave her a hard time and wanted the PIN and signatures and ID and whatnot. They don't ask this of my father in law. If my mother in law went to the bank with my father in law and the bank people saw him, they'd relax their confirmation policies and give the money to her.

What you people never seen the "Weekend at Bernies" movies?

I think the DNA case out of Colorado is more disturbing. No telling of the number of convictions which could get throw out.

Yeah this is really nuts.

Back